Do you want to prepare a dressing on the Big Green Egg that goes well with meat, fish and vegetables? Antiboise, a dressing or sauce based on tomatoes, goes well with many preparations. This is a match made in heaven with fish like sea bass fillet, sea bream fillet, cod, tuna or shellfish in particular.
- 4 tomatoes
- 2 shallots
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 4 tbsp capers (nonpareilles)
- 4 tbsp Taggiasca olives, pitted
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Heat the olive oil in the Cast Iron Skillet on the grid. Add the shallot, the garlic, the capers and the olives and fry until the shallot is glazed.
- Add the tomato cubes and cook the antiboise for approx. 2 minutes until the tomato is hot. Close the lid of the EGG after each action.
- Remove the skillet from the EGG, stir the balsamic vinegar into the antiboise and add salt and pepper to taste. Serve the antiboise lukewarm or at room temperature.
RECIPES FOR COMBINATIONS
This antiboise is a lovely preparation based on tomatoes from the Big Green Egg. Serve it with one of the following dishes, for example:
If you’d like to receive the most delicious recipes by email, register for our newsletter ‘Inspiration Today’ and add more flavour to your inbox. That’s all you have to do to receive the latest news about events, recipes especially for your EGG, practical tips and much, much more!
THE BIG GREEN EGG COMMUNITY
Let yourself be inspired and learn to do more with your Big Green Egg! Submerge yourself in a world full of culinary possibilities. Ask your questions and share your experiences via Facebook (biggreeneggeu) and Instagram (biggreeneggeu). Tag @biggreeneggeu, use the hashtags #TheEvergreen and #forevergreen and get featured! We create beautiful memories. Are you in?