Smoked sea bass with steamed vegetables
Sea bass is a more deluxe type of fish. It has a mild, sweet flavour and can be prepared in various ways. In this recipe, we smoke the sea bass on the Big Green Egg. By smoking various vegetables simultaneously, you can easily and quickly put a mouth-watering meal on the table!
For the sea bass
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- ½ courgette
- 3 pomodori tomatoes
- 1 banana shallot
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 slices of bacon
- 8 round shallots
- 100 g new potatoes
- 2 lemons
- 2 x 500 g sea bass, de-scaled, gutted and cleaned
- 8 sprigs of thyme
- 150 g mushrooms
- 4 sprigs of rosemary
- olive oil
- white wine
- 12 sprigs of water cress
- Heat the Big Green Egg and the Cast Iron Grid to 230°C. Soak the Wooden Grilling Plank in cold water.
- Remove the stalks and de-seed the bell peppers. Chop the bell peppers, courgette and tomatoes into chunks. Peel the banana shallot and cut into rings, then peel and mince the garlic. Cut the bacon into strips. Peel the round shallots and the new potatoes and blanch both briefly. Cut the lemons into thin slices.
- Make roughly seven diagonal cuts into one side of the sea bass and fill the slits, alternating thyme and a slice of lemon. Divide the chopped, blanched vegetables, the remaining slices of lemon, the bacon, the mushrooms and the rosemary across two large sheets of aluminium foil. Sprinkle with olive oil and white wine, season with pepper and salt, then meticulously fold the foil closed.
- Put the sea bass on the soaked Grilling Plank, put the latter on the EGG’s grid and close the lid. Smoke the fish for approximately 10 minutes.
- Put the vegetables in foil on the grid next to the Grilling Plank and cook with the lid closed for 5-6 minutes until tender.
- Remove the Grilling Plank and the vegetables in foil from the EGG. Carefully remove the skin from the sea bass, loosen the fillets and season with pepper and salt. Open the foil-wrapped vegetables (be careful of the hot steam) and share the vegetables between the plates. Put the sea bass filet on top and garnish with water cress.
If you would like to receive your dose of inspiration by e-mail, then register for our monthly newsletter Inspiration Today and add some more flavour to your inbox. That’s all you have to do to receive the most delicious recipes, inspiring seasonal menus, practical tips and much, much more!