Couscous salad with lobster and grilled vegetables
Do you love grilled lobster from the Big Green Egg? Then you will love this lobster recipe. It is a complete salad with couscous and grilled vegetables that you can serve as a side dish or a main course salad. Nutritious and healthy!
- 500 g couscous (optional with sundried tomatoes)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 200 g sugar snaps
- 200 g mini courgettes
- 200 g green mini asparagus
- 3 lobsters of 600 g
- sea salt
PREPARATION IN ADVANCE
- Light the charcoal in the Big Green Egg and heat, with the Cast Iron Grid, to a temperature of 220°C.
- In the meantime, bring 600 ml water to the boil. Mix the couscous with the olive oil in a dish and pour in enough boiling water to submerge the couscous. Cover the dish and leave the couscous.
- Take off the tips of the sugar snaps and remove the string from the sides. Halve the mini courgettes lengthwise. Remove any possible hard ends of the asparagus.
- Divide the sugar snaps, mini courgettes and asparagus over the grid and grill for approx. 2 minutes. Turn the vegetables over and grill for another 2 minutes.
- Loosen the couscous with a fork and mix in the grilled vegetables.
- Put the tip of a chef’s knife just behind the head of a lobster and cut lengthwise through the head in one swift movement. Then halve the entire lobster lengthwise. Remove the intestines by rinsing the halves. Break the legs with the pincers and the tail fins off the head. Repeat with the remaining 2 lobsters.
- Place the legs on the grid and grill for approx. 7 minutes. Turn the legs over and put the tails, meat side down, on the grid. Grill for approx. 2 minutes, turn the legs onto the carapace and grill them for a further 5 minutes. Close the lid of the EGG after handling the food.
- Remove the legs and the tails from the EGG. Cut the legs at the joints and use a pair of scissors to cut the carapace away from the legs. Crack open the legs and remove the meat. Take the meat from the tails and mix the lobster into the couscous salad along with pepper and sea salt to taste.
If you would like to receive your dose of inspiration by e-mail, then register for our monthly newsletter Inspiration Today and add some more flavour to your inbox. That’s all you have to do to receive the most delicious recipes, inspiring seasonal menus, practical tips and much, much more!