Tacos with grilled chipolata sausage and vegetables
Making your own tacos? Do it quickly and easily in the Big Green Egg. We use ready-made taco shells for this taco recipe. The filling includes a chipolata sausage, baby corn and green asparagus tips. Grill them on the cast iron grid to give them extra flavour. Then simply fill the taco shells and heat them up for a while in the Big Green Egg. Less effort, great taste!
- 4 taco shells
- 4 fresh baby corn
- 1 large tomato
- ½ red onion
- 4 chipolata sausages of 35 g each
- 12 green asparagus tips
- 2 tbsp tapenade of sun-dried tomatoes
- 4 tbsp steamed kidney beans (canned, drained)
- 40 g grated Manchego cheese
- 8 rocket leaves
- Coriander leaves to taste
- Place the chipolata sausages, baby corn and green asparagus tips on the grill. Close the lid of the EGG and grill the corn and asparagus tips for about 4 minutes and the sausages for about 6 minutes. Turn them over halfway through the cooking time.
- Meanwhile, brush the inside of the taco shells with the tapenade and prepare a stainless steel taco holder. Remove the sausages, corn and asparagus tips from the EGG.
- Divide the kidney beans, sausages, tomato slices, corn, asparagus tips then onion between the taco shells and sprinkle with the grated Manchego. Place them in the taco holder and put it on the grill. Close the lid of the EGG and heat for about 3 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Carefully remove the hot taco holder from the EGG and garnish the tacos with the rocket and coriander.
If you’d like to receive the most delicious recipes by email, register for our newsletter ‘Inspiration Today’ and add more flavour to your inbox. That’s all you have to do to receive the latest news about events, recipes especially for your EGG, practical tips and much, much more!
THE BIG GREEN EGG COMMUNITY
Let yourself be inspired and learn to do more with your Big Green Egg! Submerge yourself in a world full of culinary possibilities. Ask your questions and share your experiences via Facebook (biggreeneggeu) and Instagram (biggreeneggeu). Tag @biggreeneggeu, use the hashtags #TheEvergreen and #forevergreen and get featured! We create beautiful memories. Are you in?