Smoked tomatoes stuffed with shrimp salad
Looking for a recipe for a festive snack from the Big Green Egg that you can make entirely in advance? If so, you’ve found it. Simple, quick and super delicious! Simply smoke the tomatoes in your kamado while you make the salad. Stuff, save (if you can) and serve!
- 10 cocktail tomatoes
- 100 g cooked, peeled Dutch shrimps
- 1 shallot
- 1/6 Granny Smith apple
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 10 sprigs of Affilla Cress or chervil
- Ignite the charcoal in the Big Green Egg, and heat to 100°C.
- Meanwhile, bring a pan of water to the boil, and prepare a bowl of ice water. Cut a shallow X into the cocktail tomatoes, plunge them into the boiling water for 10-15 seconds, and then immediately into the ice water. Remove the skins, and set the tomatoes aside.
- Thoroughly pat the tomatoes dry all around with paper towels and place them on the Half Perforated Grid. Sprinkle half a handful of Cherry Wood Chips on the glowing charcoal, set up the convEGGtor and insert the Stainless Steel Grid topped with the Half Perforated Grid with the tomatoes into the EGG. Close the lid, and let the tomatoes smoke for about 15 minutes. When doing this, make sure the temperature of the EGG doesn’t rise too much, as the tomatoes don’t need to cook.
- Meanwhile, for the salad, finely chop the shrimps. Peel and chop the shallot. Peel the Granny Smith apple, and remove the core. Cut the flesh into cubes of about 5 millimetres. Mix the shrimps, shallot and apple with the mayonnaise.
- Remove the Half Perforated Grid with the tomatoes from the EGG. Cut the top off the tomatoes, and, using a Parisian scoop or teaspoon, remove the seeds, and fill the tomatoes with the shrimp salad. Place them on a plate, and garnish with the Affilla Cress or chervil.
If you’d like to receive the most delicious recipes by email, register for our newsletter ‘Inspiration Today’ and add more flavour to your inbox. That’s all you have to do to receive the latest news about events, recipes especially for your EGG, practical tips and much, much more!
THE BIG GREEN EGG COMMUNITY
Let yourself be inspired and learn to do more with your Big Green Egg! Submerge yourself in a world full of culinary possibilities. Ask your questions and share your experiences via Facebook (biggreeneggeu) and Instagram (biggreeneggeu). Tag @biggreeneggeu, use the hashtags #TheEvergreen and #forevergreen and get featured! We create beautiful memories. Are you in?