Bacon-wrapped grilled vegetables with sriracha dip
Grilled asparagus and corn from the Big Green Egg are incredibly popular as a side dish. But did you know that these vegetables also make a great base for a delicious snack to prepare in your kamado? In this recipe, we have given the vegetables a tasty twist by wrapping them with bacon before grilling, and, as a bonus, you will also be serving a tasty dip.
- 10 green asparagus spears
- 10 fresh baby corns
- 20 long slices of streaky bacon
- 100 ml mayonnaise
- 1 tsp sriracha sauce
- Light the charcoal in the Big Green Egg, and heat with the Cast Iron Grid to a temperature of 220 °C. Meanwhile, bring a pan of water to the boil, and prepare a bowl of ice water. For the vegetables, remove the hard ends of the green asparagus.
- Add the asparagus to the boiling water, and blanch for about 1 minute. Scoop them out of the pan with a slotted spoon, then plunge them in the ice water to cool and drain well. Blanch the baby corns the same way.
- Wrap each asparagus and baby corn in a slice of streaky bacon.
- Mix the ingredients for the dip, and divide the dip between ten tall shot glasses.
- Place the bacon-wrapped asparagus and baby corns on the grid, and close the lid of the EGG. Grill the vegetables for 2-3 minutes. Turn the vegetables over, and grill for another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the vegetables from the EGG, and leave them to cool to lukewarm or room temperature. Both are incredibly delicious!
- Stick a grilled asparagus and a grilled baby corn into each shot glass.
If you’d like to receive the most delicious recipes by email, register for our newsletter ‘Inspiration Today’ and add more flavour to your inbox. That’s all you have to do to receive the latest news about events, recipes especially for your EGG, practical tips and much, much more!
THE BIG GREEN EGG COMMUNITY
Let yourself be inspired and learn to do more with your Big Green Egg! Submerge yourself in a world full of culinary possibilities. Ask your questions and share your experiences via Facebook (biggreeneggeu) and Instagram (biggreeneggeu). Tag @biggreeneggeu, use the hashtags #TheEvergreen and #forevergreen and get featured! We create beautiful memories. Are