Stir-fried noodles with king prawns
Want to do some stir-frying on your Big Green Egg? With the Carbon Steel Grill Wok, it’s a walk in the park! The ideal accessory if you want to quickly prepare a tasty and complete dish on your kamado. With this dish, you can prepare a delicious stir-fry recipe in no time. With extra thick udon noodles, wonderful king prawns and a sticky Asian marinade, it’s sure to be delicious!
- 12-16 king prawns (easy peel)
- 1 red sweet pointed pepper
- 1 red onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 spring onion
- 1 red Spanish chilli pepper
- 100 ml peanut oil
- 400 g cooked udon noodles
- 2 sprigs of coriander
- 1 lime
- 1½ tbsp oyster sauce
- 1½ tbsp black bean sauce
- 1½ tbsp soy sauce
- 1½ tbsp ginger syrup
- Ignite the charcoal in the Big Green Egg and heat, with the convEGGtor Basket to a temperature of 220°C.
- Meanwhile, mix all ingredients for the marinade together. Peel the king prawns (set the shells aside) and mix them with the marinade.
- Remove the stem from the pointed pepper and cut the flesh into strips. Peel the red onion and cut into half rings. Peel and thinly slice the clove of garlic. Cut the spring onion and the chilli pepper into thin rings.
- Place the Carbon Steel Grill Wok in the convEGGtor Basket and close the lid of the EGG. Preheat the wok for a few minutes until it is nice and hot.
- Pour the peanut oil into the wok and add the shells you set aside. Close the lid of the EGG and bake the shells for 2-4 minutes; this will make the oil extra tasty.
- Remove the wok from the EGG and pour the oil through a sieve. Replace the wok and pour in the sieved oil. Remove the king prawns from the marinade and place them in the wok (keep the marinade) and add the pepper, red onion and garlic. Close the lid of the EGG and leave to cook for approx. 3 minutes.
- Pour the marinade you set aside into the wok with the ingredients and add the noodles, spring onion and chilli pepper. Cook until the noodles are hot; keep stirring the mixture and close the lid of the EGG after each action.
- Remove the wok from the EGG. Finely chop the coriander leaves and the lime into wedges. Spoon the noodles into nice bowls, garnish with a wedge of lime and sprinkle with coriander.
If you’d like to receive the most delicious recipes by email, register for our newsletter ‘Inspiration Today’ and add more flavour to your inbox. That’s all you have to do to receive the latest news about events, recipes especially for your EGG, practical tips and much, much more!
THE BIG GREEN EGG COMMUNITY
Let yourself be inspired and learn to do more with your Big Green Egg! Submerge yourself in a world full of culinary possibilities. Ask your questions and share your experiences via Facebook (biggreeneggeu) and Instagram (biggreeneggeu). Tag @biggreeneggeu, use the hashtags #TheEvergreen and #forevergreen and get featured! We create beautiful memories. Are you in?