Roasted whole cauliflower with chermoula herbs
Would you like to make an entire cauliflower from the oven? It will taste even better if you use the Big Green Egg as an oven! By placing the ConvEGGtor, your EGG will work the same way as a convection oven, which will add more flavour to the cauliflower. You can serve the roasted cauliflower as a side dish, but this cauliflower ‘steak’ also makes for a delicious vegetarian lunch.
- 1 large cauliflower
- 3 tbsp chermoula spice mix
- 500 g mascarpone
- sea salt
- 6 tbsp crème fraîche
PREPARATION IN ADVANCE
- Light the charcoal in the Big Green Egg and heat with the convEGGtor and the grid to 180 °C.
- In the meantime, remove the leaf from the cauliflower and cut the stem off straight, so that you can position the cauliflower on its stalk.
- Mix into the mascarpone 2 tablespoons of the chermoula spice mix and sea salt to taste. Put the cauliflower in the Cast Iron Skillet and brush the cauliflower gently with the mascarpone mixture.
- Mix the rest of the spice mix with sea salt to taste into the crème fraîche and leave it covered in the refrigerator.
- Carefully put the skillet in the EGG, close the lid and leave the cauliflower to cook for 60 minutes.
- Remove the skillet with the cauliflower from the EGG. Place the skillet on a heat-resistant surface on the table and serve with the crème fraîche. At the table, cut the cauliflower into slices.
If you would like to receive your dose of inspiration by e-mail, then register for our monthly newsletter Inspiration Today and add some more flavour to your inbox. That’s all you have to do to receive the most delicious recipes, inspiring seasonal menus, practical tips and much, much more!