Roasted Hasselback potatoes with herb oil
Hasselback potatoes look very impressive and are easy to cook on your Big Green Egg. If you brush them with olive oil, fresh green herbs and garlic, this potato side dish will taste even better!
- 6 Nicola (or other waxy) potatoes
- sea salt
- ½ bunch of rosemary
- ½ bunch of thyme
- ½ bulb of garlic
- 100 ml olive oil
PREPARATION IN ADVANCE
- Light the charcoal in the Big Green Egg and heat, with the convEGGtor and the grid, to 180°C.
- In the meantime, for the herb oil, remove the needles from the rosemary and the leaves from the thyme, and chop finely. Peel and finely chop the garlic. Mix the herbs and the garlic with the olive oil.
- Wash the potatoes, pat them dry and make cuts widthways every few millimetres, cutting through about two thirds of the potato. A handy trick for making even incisions is to prick a skewer lengthwise through each potato before you start cutting so that you don’t cut too deep.
- Put the potatoes in the Cast Iron Skillet and brush them generously with the herb oil.
- Put the skillet in the EGG, close the lid and leave the potatoes to cook for 90 minutes. Spoon some of the hot herb oil from the skillet over the potatoes every 30 minutes.
- Remove the skillet with the Hasselback potatoes from the EGG. Put them on an attractive dish or board and sprinkle with sea salt to taste.
Do you want to cook vegetables on the Big Green Egg to go with these Hasselback potatoes? This delicious artichoke recipe is prepared the same way and you can put the artichokes next to the potatoes in the skillet.
If you would like to receive your dose of inspiration by e-mail, then register for our monthly newsletter Inspiration Today and add some more flavour to your inbox. That’s all you have to do to receive the most delicious recipes, inspiring seasonal menus, practical tips and much, much more!