Stuffed Portobello mushrooms with Parmesan and truffle
Are you putting together a Christmas menu and want to prepare it on the Big Green Egg? Stuffing a Portobello mushroom takes little time, you can prepare them in advance and you only have to grill them for 10 minutes. This way, you can serve grilled vegetables as a delicious, quick and easy vegetarian starter or side dish.
- 6 Portobello mushrooms
- 300 g mixed wild mushrooms
- 2 shallots
- 100 g Parmesan cheese
- 1 small black truffle (about 30 g)
- sea salt
PREPARATION IN ADVANCE
- Light the charcoal in the Big Green Egg and heat, with the Cast Iron Grid, to a temperature of 220°C.
- In the meantime, cut the stalks off the Portobello mushrooms and spoon out the lamella in the cap. For the stuffing, cut the wild mushrooms into little cubes, peel and finely chop the shallots and place them in a bowl. Grate the Parmesan cheese and into the bowl and mix well, adding sea salt to taste.
- Stuff the Portobello mushrooms with the mushroom mixture.
- Place the Portobello mushrooms on the grid and close the lid of the EGG. Grill the mushrooms for about 5 minutes.
- Rotate the Portobello mushrooms a quarter of a turn and continue to grill for another 5 minutes to produce a nice grilled diamond pattern.
- Remove the grilled Portobello mushrooms from the EGG and serve them on an attractive board or on small plates.
If you would like to receive your dose of inspiration by e-mail, then register for our monthly newsletter Inspiration Today and add some more flavour to your inbox. That’s all you have to do to receive the most delicious recipes, inspiring seasonal menus, practical tips and much, much more!