Roasted whole artichokes with herb oil
In most artichoke recipes, the vegetables are boiled. But did you know that you can easily prepare them on your EGG? This way, they retain a lot of their flavour and also get that delicious, subtle Big Green Egg flavour accent. Add the finishing touch by serving a homemade Big Green Egg dip with this artichoke recipe, such as this saffron sauce.
- 3 artichokes
- sea salt
- ½ bunch of rosemary
- ½ bunch of thyme
- ½ bulb of garlic
- 100 ml olive oil
PREPARATION IN ADVANCE
- Light the charcoal in the Big Green Egg and heat with the convEGGtor and the grid to 180 °C.
- In the meantime, for the herb oil, remove the needles from the rosemary and the leaves from the thyme, and chop finely. Peel and finely chop the garlic. Mix the herbs and the garlic with the olive oil.
- Cut the stems from the artichokes and put them in the Cast Iron Skillet. Brush the artichokes generously with the herb oil.
- Put the skillet in the EGG, close the lid and leave the artichokes to cook for 90 minutes; spoon some warm herb oil from the skillet over the vegetables every 30 minutes.
- Remove the Cast Iron Skillet from the EGG. Place the artichokes on an attractive dish or plank and sprinkle with sea salt to taste.
Do you want to make a potato side dish together with this artichoke dish on the Big Green Egg? These hasselback potatoes are prepared the same way and you can put them next to the artichokes in the skillet.
If you would like to receive your dose of inspiration by e-mail, then register for our monthly newsletter Inspiration Today and add some more flavour to your inbox. That’s all you have to do to receive the most delicious recipes, inspiring seasonal menus, practical tips and much, much more!