Would you like to make a special vegetable salsa? Try this fennel variety from the Big Green Egg. The mild anise flavour is a great match with pork and fish. It’s delicious when served either warm or cold, so you can make it before you start preparing your meat or fish.
- 2 fennels
- 6 spring onions
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 200 ml white wine
- sea salt
PREPARATION IN ADVANCE
- Light the charcoal in the Big Green Egg and heat with the convEGGtor and the grid to 180 °C. Place the Cast Iron Skillet on the grid to heat it up when the EGG has almost reached the right temperature.
- In the meantime, cut the stems from the fennels and dice the tubers. Cut the spring onions into thin rings.
- Heat the olive oil in the skillet. Add the fennel and the spring onions, close the lid of the EGG and fry the vegetables for approx. 6 minutes. Stir every now and then and close the lid of the EGG after each action.
- Deglaze the vegetables with the white wine, close the lid of the EGG and let the wine reduce for about 5 minutes.
- Take the skillet from the EGG, add pepper and sea salt to taste and spoon the vegetable salsa into a bowl.
If you would like to receive your dose of inspiration by e-mail, then register for our monthly newsletter Inspiration Today and add some more flavour to your inbox. That’s all you have to do to receive the most delicious recipes, inspiring seasonal menus, practical tips and much, much more!