King prawns with garlic
King prawn skewers are always a great idea! As a starter or a main course, with lunch or as a snack on little skewers from the BBQ. Make these large prawns from the Big Green Egg even more delicious by marinating them.
- 32 large peeled king prawns
- sea salt
- 4 bulbs of solo garlic (Chinese garlic)
- 2 red chilli peppers
PREPARATION IN ADVANCE
- Place the king prawns in a bowl. For the marinade, peel the garlic and chop finely. Remove the stalk from the chilli pepper and slice the flesh finely. If you like spicy food, you can leave the seeds in. If you prefer a milder flavour, remove the seeds.
- Stir the garlic and the chilli pepper into the king prawns, cover and leave to marinate in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Ignite the charcoal in the Big Green Egg and heat, with the Cast Iron Grid, to a temperature of 200°C. Meanwhile, skewer the king prawns on 8 Bamboo Skewers.
- Lay the king prawn skewers on the grid and close the lid of the EGG. Grill them for about 3 minutes, rotate them with a pair of tongs and grill them for another 3 minutes.
- Remove the king prawn skewers from the Big Green Egg and serve them on small plates or on an attractive tray.
If you would like to receive your dose of inspiration by e-mail, then register for our monthly newsletter Inspiration Today and add some more flavour to your inbox. That’s all you have to do to receive the most delicious recipes, inspiring seasonal menus, practical tips and much, much more!