King prawn skewers with coriander pesto and yoghurt dip
Grilling king prawns on the Big Green Egg is not only easy, it also ensures that your prawns will come out tasting delicious. For this recipe, we recommend that you first mix the prawns with the pesto to add a very surprising flavour, which you will also taste in the yoghurt dip. This time, we opted for a coriander-based pesto instead of the classic basil pesto. You can prepare this pesto far in advance and even skewer the king prawns before covering them with foil and storing them in the refrigerator. Stir the remaining coriander pesto into the yoghurt in an attractive bowl. Don’t forget to remove the yoghurt from the refrigerator and give it enough time to warm up slightly.
For the king prawns
- 24 peeled king prawns
For the pesto
- 1 bunch of coriander
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 4 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 4 tsp olive oil
For the yoghurt dip
- 200 ml yoghurt
- Ignite the charcoal in the Big Green Egg and heat, with the Cast Iron Grid, to a temperature of 220°C.
- Meanwhile, pluck the leaves of the coriander and peel the garlic to add to the pesto. Grind together with the other pesto ingredients using the chopper blade of a hand blender until smooth.
- Place the king prawns in a bowl and mix in two-thirds of the pesto. Take 12 cocktail sticks and skewer 2 king prawns together with each stick. Prepare the yoghurt dip by stirring the remaining pesto into the yoghurt. Add salt to taste.
- Place the king prawn skewers on the grid of the Big Green Egg. Close the lid and grill for about 2.5 minutes. Turn the skewers over and grill for another 2.5 minutes.
- Remove the skewers from the grid and serve with the yoghurt dip.
If you would like to receive your dose of inspiration by e-mail, then register for our monthly newsletter Inspiration Today and add some more flavour to your inbox. That’s all you have to do to receive the most delicious recipes, inspiring seasonal menus, practical tips and much, much more!