Cocktail of grilled prawns with avocado, tomato and lime cream
With the Big Green Egg you can give the classic prawn cocktail a contemporary twist. This will turn a traditional favourite into something new and original. Choose this starter in a glass and you can’t go wrong.
For the cocktail of grilled prawns
- 1kg large, peeled, raw prawns
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 4 tbsp. sunflower oil
- 1 unsprayed lime
- 8 tbsp. crème fraîche
- 2 avocados
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 15g rocket
PREPARATION IN ADVANCE
- Put the prawns in a bowl. Peel and finely chop the garlic. Mix with the sunflower oil and stir into the prawns. Cover and leave to marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- In the meantime, finely grate the lime peel. Squeeze the lime and mix the juice with the finely grated peel into the crème fraîche. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Store in the fridge.
- Ignite the charcoal in the Big Green Egg and heat, with the Cast Iron Grid, to a temperature of 230°C. Meanwhile, cut the avocados in half, and remove the stones. Leave the skin on and cut each half in five equal wedges. Halve the cherry tomatoes.
- Grill the prawns without turning them for about 4 minutes. Grill the avocado wedges on both sides for 2 minutes and grill the cherry tomatoes on their skins for 2 minutes.
- Keep 36 prawns aside. Mix about half of the lime cream with the avocado, tomatoes and grilled prawns, and divide across the glasses. Divide the prawns that you have kept aside across the glasses and spoon the remaining lime cream on top of them. Garnish the prawn cocktails with the rocket.
If you would like to receive your dose of inspiration by e-mail, then register for our monthly newsletter Inspiration Today and add some more flavour to your inbox. That’s all you have to do to receive the most delicious recipes, inspiring seasonal menus, practical tips and much, much more!