Fried spicy prawns
It goes without saying that a successful garden party needs some tasty snacks from your Big Green Egg. These prawns with tomato baked on your kamado are sure to be a hit with everyone and can be prepared in no time. And as an extra surprise, why not serve it along with a surprising cocktail, which you can prepare with the Big Green Egg. A Bloody Mary with oyster tartare can be prepared almost entirely in advance, so that you and your friends can spend as much time as possible around your EGG.
- 2 tomatoes
- 20 prawns
- 1 shallot
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 sprig of parsley
- 1 lemon
- 50 ml olive oil
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika powder (sweet)
- 1 tbsp sambal brandal
- 50 ml sherry
- Ignite the charcoal in the Big Green Egg and heat, with the grid, to a temperature of 220°C. Meanwhile, bring a pan of water to the boil and prepare a bowl of ice water. Cut a cross shape on the bottom side of the tomatoes using a sharp knife.
- Submerge a tomato in the boiling water for about 15 seconds, and then plunge it in the ice water to cool. Do the same with the second tomato. Remove the skins, halve the tomatoes and scoop out the seeds. Cut the flesh into small cubes.
- Peel the prawns, but leave the tails on. Remove the intestinal tracts. Peel and chop the shallot and the garlic. Remove the parsley leaves from the stalks and chop fine. Cut half of the lemon into 4 wedges and squeeze the juice from the other half.
- Heat half of the olive oil in the Cast Iron Skillet. Add the shallot, garlic and prawns. Close the lid of the EGG and fry the prawns for about 5 minutes until almost cooked; stir the prawns occasionally.
- Mix the diced tomatoes, the smoked paprika and the sambal into the prawns and add lemon juice to taste. Fry for 1 minute and deglaze with the sherry.
- Remove the skillet from the EGG and scoop the prawns in 4 dishes or in 1 larger bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste, drizzle with the rest of the olive oil and sprinkle with the parsley. Serve with the lemon wedges.
Busy preparing these fried spicy prawns? Smoke some extra tomatoes for a Bloody Mary with oyster tartare. This way you can easily and quickly serve a delicious, accompanying cocktail with your party snack.
If you’d like to receive the most delicious recipes by email, register for our newsletter ‘Inspiration Today’ and add more flavour to your inbox. That’s all you have to do to receive the latest news about events, recipes especially for your EGG, practical tips and much, much more!
THE BIG GREEN EGG COMMUNITY
Let yourself be inspired and learn to do more with your Big Green Egg! Submerge yourself in a world full of culinary possibilities. Ask your questions and share your experiences via Facebook (biggreeneggeu) and Instagram (biggreeneggeu). Tag @biggreeneggeu, use the hashtags #TheEvergreen and #forevergreen and get featured! We create beautiful memories. Are you in?