Pepper and courgette chutney
Peppers and courgettes are delicious when you grill them on the Big Green Egg, but you can also use them to make a chutney that is prepared on the EGG. Besides these two vegetables, this chutney recipe includes tomatoes, shallots, garlic and your EGG to add flavour. Serve the chutney with a nice piece of pork, for example, such as a homemade pork roulade.
- 2 yellow peppers
- 2 shallots
- 1 bulb of garlic
- 2 yellow courgettes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 250 g yellow Tomberries (or yellow cherry tomatoes, halved)
- sea salt
PREPARATION IN ADVANCE
- Light the charcoal in the Big Green Egg and heat, with the convEGGtor and the grid, to 180°C. When the EGG has almost reached the right temperature, place the Cast Iron Skillet on the grid to preheat it.
- Meanwhile, halve the peppers, remove the stems, seeds and pith and cut the flesh into small cubes. Peel and finely chop the shallots and garlic. Cut the courgettes into slices of about ½ cm thick and cut these into cubes.
- Heat the olive oil in the skillet. Add the peppers, shallots and garlic and fry them for about 6 minutes. Stir every now and then and close the lid of the EGG after each action.
- Stir the courgette cubes and tomatoes into the pepper mixture and leave to simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Take the skillet from the EGG, season the chutney with sea salt to taste and spoon into a bowl.
If you would like to receive your dose of inspiration by e-mail, then register for our monthly newsletter Inspiration Today and add some more flavour to your inbox. That’s all you have to do to receive the most delicious recipes, inspiring seasonal menus, practical tips and much, much more!