Hot lava cakes with roasted banana
If you love chocolate, then you simply must prepare these hot lava cakes in your Big Green Egg. They owe their name to the delicious liquid filling that results after the cakes are baked. As a bonus, you can prepare banana with lemon in your kamado at the same time so that you have a quick and easy, delicious exotic dessert.
- 240 g butter
- 240 g dark chocolate
- 100 g all-purpose flour
- 170 g egg
- 90 g egg yolk
- 100 g granulated sugar
- 5 bananas
- ½ organic lemon
- Ignite the charcoal in the Big Green Egg and heat, with the convEGGtor and the Stainless Steel Grid, to a temperature of 180°C.
- For the lava cakes, place the Green Dutch Oven on the grid and add the butter. Close the lid of the EGG and wait until the butter has melted. Meanwhile, finely chop the chocolate and sieve the flour. Beat the egg with the egg yolk and granulated sugar until fluffy.
- Remove the Dutch oven from the EGG and fold in the finely chopped chocolate so that it dissolves and you have a smooth chocolate mixture.
- First fold the chocolate mixture and then the flour, little by little, into the egg mixture. Spoon the batter into a piping bag and fill 10 sturdy cupcake cases, made of greaseproof paper (Ø 6 cm), about two-thirds full with the chocolate mixture.
- Cut the concave side of the banana peels lengthwise and fold open the peels slightly. Place each banana on a sheet of aluminium foil and fold into open ‘boats’ so that the bananas remain stable. Finely grate the zest of the lemon over the banana flesh. Squeeze out the juice and sprinkle this over the bananas as well.
- Place the cold Baking Stone on the grid and place the cases with lava cake batter on the Baking Stone, with the bananas around them. Close the lid of the EGG and bake the lava cakes and bananas for about 12 minutes. The outside of the lava cakes will have solidified, while the inside remains nice and liquid.
- Remove the bananas and lava cakes from the Big Green Egg. Carefully remove the cases and the foil and cut each banana in half. Serve the lava cakes immediately with half a banana.
If you’d like to receive the most delicious recipes by email, register for our newsletter ‘Inspiration Today’ and add more flavour to your inbox. That’s all you have to do to receive the latest news about events, recipes especially for your EGG, practical tips and much, much more!
THE BIG GREEN EGG COMMUNITY
Let yourself be inspired and learn to do more with your Big Green Egg! Submerge yourself in a world full of culinary possibilities. Ask your questions and share your experiences via Facebook (biggreeneggeu) and Instagram (biggreeneggeu). Tag @biggreeneggeu, use the hashtags #TheEvergreen and #forevergreen and get featured! We create beautiful memories. Are you in?