New York cheesecake with red fruit
Cheesecake is a cake recipe based on cream cheese. You can make a no bake cheesecake, but this version, baked on the Big Green Egg, is even more delicious! A true New York cheesecake – from your kamado.
- 120 g unsalted butter + extra for greasing
- 230 g biscuits
- 6 eggs
- 6 unsprayed lemons
- 200 g cream cheese
- 400 g sweetened, condensed milk
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 170 g icing sugar
- 150 g
- icing sugar, for dusting
- Light the charcoal in the Big Green Egg and heat with the convEGGtor and the grid to a temperature of 180°C. Grease a round tin (approx. Ø 27 cm), such as the Cast Iron Skillet – Small , with butter. Place a sheet of parchment paper on the bottom of the tin.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat. Grind the biscuits as as possible in a food processor with mincer. Mix the biscuit crumbs with the melted butter. Scoop the mixture into the tin and press firmly with your hands in an even layer on the bottom of the tin.
- Separate the egg yolks from the whites. Zest the lemons. Cut the lemons in half and squeeze out the juice. Whisk the egg yolks with the cream cheese in a bowl until smooth; it does not have to be fluffy. Fold the lemon zest, the lemon juice, the condensed milk and a pinch of salt into the egg yolk mixture. Whisk in a separate bowl the egg whites with the sugar, the icing sugar and a pinch of salt into stiff peaks.
- Fold the egg white mixture gently into the egg yolk mixture. Pour the batter in the bottom of the tin.
- Place the Baking Stone on the grid and place the tin on top. Close the lid of the EGG and bake the cheesecake for approx. 45 minutes until golden brown and done. The top of the cheesecake has then solidified.
- Remove the tin from the EGG, and let the cheesecake cool for approx. 45 minutes before removing it from the tin.
- Remove the cheesecake from the tin. Top with the fruit and dust with icing sugar.
If you’d like to receive the most delicious recipes by email, register for our newsletter ‘Inspiration Today’ and add more flavour to your inbox. That’s all you have to do to receive the latest news about events, recipes especially for your EGG, practical tips and much, much more!
THE BIG GREEN EGG COMMUNITY
Let yourself be inspired and learn to do more with your Big Green Egg! Submerge yourself in a world full of culinary possibilities. Ask your questions and share your experiences via Facebook (biggreeneggeu) and Instagram (biggreeneggeu). Tag @biggreeneggeu, use the hashtags #TheEvergreen and #forevergreen and get featured! We create beautiful memories. Are you in?