Grilled pork chops with apple-onion chutney
Grilling pork chops on the Big Green Egg? It becomes even tastier if you add a homemade chutney, prepared on your EGG. This juicy meat with great grilling stripes for extra flavour and onion chutney with apple is a match made in heaven.
- 4 pork shoulder chops, approx. 2 cm thick
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- fleur de sel
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 tart apples such as Granny Smith
- 2 sweet onions
- 30 g unsalted butter
- 125 ml white wine vinegar
- 250 g brown sugar
- 2 tbsp hot mustard
- 10 sprigs of thyme
- mustard cress or other full-flavoured cress (optional)
- Place the Cast Iron Skillet on the Cast Iron Grid. Melt the butter in the pan and briefly fry the garlic.
- Add the apple cubes and the onions together with the white wine vinegar, the brown sugar, the mustard and thyme. Leave the chutney to simmer for approx. 40 minutes; stir every now and then, closing the lid of the EGG after each action.
- Take the skillet out of the EGG and remove the sprigs of thyme. Remove the grid and the convEGGtor and replace the grid. Heat the EGG to 230°C. Rub the pork shoulder chops with olive oil.
- Place the pork chops on the grid and grill for approx. 1 minute. Give the meat a quarter turn and grill again for 1 minute to create a nice grill pattern. Turn the pork chops over and grill again for 2 x 1 minute.
- Remove the pork chops from the EGG and cover loosely with aluminium foil. Leave to rest for 5 minutes at room temperature. Meanwhile, ladle the chutney into a jar or bowl and garnish with mustard cress, if so desired.
- Sprinkle black pepper and fleur de sel on the pork chops and serve with the apple-onion chutney from the Big Green Egg.
Combines well with a fresh salad with lamb’s lettuce, beetroot and horseradish, or something similar.
If you’d like to receive the most delicious recipes by email, register for our newsletter ‘Inspiration Today’ and add more flavour to your inbox. That’s all you have to do to receive the latest news about events, recipes especially for your EGG, practical tips and much, much more!
THE BIG GREEN EGG COMMUNITY
Let yourself be inspired and learn to do more with your Big Green Egg! Submerge yourself in a world full of culinary possibilities. Ask your questions and share your experiences via Facebook (biggreeneggeu) and Instagram (biggreeneggeu). Tag @biggreeneggeu, use the hashtags #TheEvergreen and #forevergreen and get featured! We create beautiful memories. Are you in?