Bread roll with hummus and grilled vegetables
This video shows you how to make an amazing vegetarian sandwich with home made hummus and freshly grilled vegetables. It is an easy recipe, simple to make and full of flavour!
For the bread roll
- 2 portobello mushrooms
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 aubergine
- 1 courgette
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 4 rolls of your choice, such as mini multigrain baguettes
- 20 g rocket
For the hummus
- 1 jar of cooked chickpeas (350 g)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- juice of ½ lemon
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp tahini (sesame paste)
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- sea salt
- Ignite the charcoal in the Big Green Egg and heat, with the Cast Iron Grid, to a temperature of 220°C.
- Meanwhile, drain the chickpeas for the hummus. Peel the garlic and chop the cloves. Blend the chickpeas, the garlic, the other hummus ingredients and pepper to taste in a food processor until smooth.
- Slice the portobello mushrooms. Remove the stalks, seeds and pith from the peppers and cut the flesh lengthwise into quarters. Cut the aubergine and courgette into four nice slices. Sprinkle the peppers, aubergine and courgette with ground cumin.
- Place the vegetables on the grid and close the lid of the EGG. Grill the vegetables for ± 3 minutes on each side and place them on a plate.
- Sprinkle the vegetables with salt and pepper to taste. Cut the rolls open and spread a thick layer of hummus on the bottom half of each roll. Top with the grilled courgette, aubergine, peppers and portobello mushroom. Finally, distribute the rocket over the rolls.
If you would like to receive your dose of inspiration by e-mail, then register for our monthly newsletter Inspiration Today and add some more flavour to your inbox. That’s all you have to do to receive the most delicious recipes, inspiring seasonal menus, practical tips and much, much more!