Salad of grilled vegetables with rump
You may have already prepared a whole picanha, or rump, at some stage in the past. You can, however, also grill it as a steak and cut it into strips to prepare a delicious vegetable salad with beef. The combination of vegetables and meat makes this salad a complete meal full of proteins and vitamins.
For the salad
- 1 rump of 800 g
- 3 stalks of chicory
- 3 heads of red chicory
- 6 spring onions
- 1 yellow courgette
- 1 pak choi
- 10 baby corns
- 100 g rocket
- balsamic vinegar
- Big Green Egg Olive Oil
- Ignite the charcoal in the Big Green Egg and heat, with the Cast Iron Grid, to a temperature of 230°C. Cut the rump into 2.5 cm thick slices.
- Halve the chicory and red chicory lengthwise, cut the carrots and a part of the spring onions’ green. Cut the courgette lengthwise into 0.5 cm thick slices. Cut off the green leaves of the pak choi, as you will only be grilling the stalks.
- Place the chicory, the red chicory, the spring onions and the baby corns on the grid and close the lid of the EGG. Grill for approx. 5 minutes and flip them halfway through the cooking time.
- Place the courgette slices and pak choi stalks on the grid, and close the lid of the EGG. Grill for approx. 4 minutes and flip them halfway through the cooking time.
- Bring the temperature of the EGG to 250°C.
- Place the rump slices on the grid and close the lid of the EGG. Grill the meat for approx. 1.5 minutes. Give the meat a quarter turn and grill again for 1.5 minutes to create a nice grill pattern. Flip the meat and repeat the previous step. The meat should now be beautifully rosé in colour. Remove the meat from the EGG and allow to rest for about 5 minutes.
- Cut the meat into attractive strips, and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Gently mix all the ingredients in a large bowl. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and Big Green Egg Olive Oil to taste.
If you would like to receive your dose of inspiration by e-mail, then register for our monthly newsletter Inspiration Today and add some more flavour to your inbox. That’s all you have to do to receive the most delicious recipes, inspiring seasonal menus, practical tips and much, much more!