Vegetarian wraps with hummus, grilled courgette, sweet pepper and avocado
Do you fancy a tasty vegetarian meal, and do you love wraps? These nutritious wraps are perfect for lunch or as an appetiser. Of course, you could grill the vegetables and the avocado on the Big Green Egg for extra flavour!
For the filling
- 4 eggs
- 1 yellow courgette
- 1 red pointed pepper
- 2 avocados
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 8 small wholegrain wraps (Ø approx. 15 cm)
- 100 g red radish sprouts
- 80 g small black olives, pitted
- 200 g feta cheese
For the hummus
- 1 jar of cooked chickpeas (350 g)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- juice of ½ lemon
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp tahini (sesame paste)
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
PREPARATION IN ADVANCE
- Ignite the Premium Organic Lump Charcoal in the Big Green Egg and heat, with the Cast Iron Grid, to a temperature of 220°C.
- Meanwhile, hard-boil the eggs in water for approx. 7 minutes. Drain the chickpeas for the hummus. Peel the garlic and chop the cloves coarsely. Blend the chickpeas, the garlic and the other hummus ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Drain the eggs and cool them in cold water. Peel the eggs and cut lengthwise into quarters.
- Cut the courgette in half and cut the halves into slices approximately half a centimetre thick. Halve the pointed pepper lengthwise and remove the stem, seeds and pith. Cut each piece in half again lengthwise. Halve the avocado, remove the stone and cut each half into 4 segments. Leave the peel on the segments.
- Sprinkle the courgette slices and the pointed pepper with the ground cumin. Grill the courgette slices, the pointed pepper and the avocado segments for 2 minutes, then turn and grill for another 2 minutes. You can do this either simultaneously or successively, making sure you close the lid of the EGG each time. Season the courgette and pointed pepper with salt and pepper to taste and cut into thin slices. Carefully peel the avocado segments.
- Spread the wraps with hummus and top with the grilled courgette, pointed pepper and avocado. Divide the egg pieces, the red radish sprouts and the olives over the wraps and crumble the feta over them. Serve 2 wraps per person.
If you would like to receive your dose of inspiration by e-mail, then register for our monthly newsletter Inspiration Today and add some more flavour to your inbox. That’s all you have to do to receive the most delicious recipes, inspiring seasonal menus, practical tips and much, much more!