Wraps with tuna and grilled vegetables
Are you looking for a tasty recipe for tuna wraps? Serve these wraps for lunch for the ultimate flavour experience. If the tuna is grilled briefly, the core will stay raw, which is exactly the intention. This is a delicious way to cook tuna on the Big Green Egg.
For the filling
- 600 g tuna fillet, 4 cm thick, skinless
- 8 small fennel bulbs
- 2 heads of little gem lettuce
- 8 spring onions
- 1 red chilli pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 5 tbsp soy sauce
- 100 g wakame
- 4 wraps (Ø 20-25 cm)
- 100 g leek sprouts
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
PREPARATION IN ADVANCE
- Ignite the Premium Organic Lump Charcoal in the Big Green Egg and heat, with the Cast Iron Grid, to a temperature of 220°C.
- In the meantime, cut the tuna fillet into rectangles 4 centimetres wide. Halve the fennel bulbs and heads of little gem lengthwise. Clean the spring onions by chopping off the end and the upper half of the green.
- Grill the halved fennel bulbs and the red chilli pepper for a total of 8 minutes, turning every 2 minutes. Grill the little gem, cut side down, for 4 minutes, then turn and grill for another 2 minutes. Grill the spring onions for about 2.5 minutes, then turn and grill for another 2.5 minutes. Close the lid of the EGG after each action.
- Heat the Big Green Egg to 250°C. Meanwhile, cut the grilled fennel bulbs into slices, the lettuce into strips and the spring onions and red chilli pepper into rings.
- Brush the tuna fillets all over with olive oil and grill the long sides of the tuna squares for approx. 1 minute each side so that the core is still raw. Cut the tuna into thin slices and sprinkle with the soy sauce.
- Mix the grilled vegetables with the wakame and divide over the wraps. Top with the leek sprouts and the tuna slices. Finally, sprinkle with the sesame seeds and roll up the wraps.
If you would like to receive your dose of inspiration by e-mail, then register for our monthly newsletter Inspiration Today and add some more flavour to your inbox. That’s all you have to do to receive the most delicious recipes, inspiring seasonal menus, practical tips and much, much more!