Tartiflette with reblochon
Tartiflette? Of course you’ll make this delicious ski resort dish in your Big Green Egg! The ingredients for this classic dish from Savoy in the French Alps and the Aosta Valley in Italy are identical to the original tartiflette recipe, but we’ve given a surprising twist to the preparation and presentation. Do these mouth-watering pictures make you want to light the charcoal in your kamado?
- 6 large white onions
- 1 clove of garlic
- 3 waxy potatoes
- 1 tbsp butter
- 100 g bacon strips
- 100 ml white wine
- 150 g reblochon cheese
- 200 g coarse sea salt
- 1 bulb of fresh garlic
- pickled onions
- Light the charcoal in the Big Green Egg, and heat, with the Stainless Steel Grid, to a temperature of 220°C.
- In the meantime, peel the onions and cut off the roots. Cut off the tops of each onion and scoop out the inner part. Make sure that the three outer layers of the onion remain intact; set aside the hollowed onions and their tops. Finely chop the inner part of the onions.
- Peel the garlic clove and chop finely. Peel the potatoes, quarter them, then cut or grate them into thin slices.
- Heat the butter in the Small Cast Iron Skillet on the EGG’s grid. Add the bacon strips, fry for about 5 minutes and then add the finely chopped onion and the finely chopped garlic. Fry the bacon mixture for around 3 minutes and then add the potato slices. Add the white wine and cook the potato slices for 15-20 minutes. If necessary, add an extra splash of white wine and close the lid of the EGG after each action. In the meantime, cut the reblochon into 6 equal pieces.
- Remove the skillet from the EGG and spoon the potato mixture into a bowl. Remove the grid, place the convEGGtor and return the grid back to the EGG. Bring the temperature of the EGG back up to 220°C. In the meantime, wipe out the skillet and sprinkle an even layer of sea salt onto the bottom. Fill the hollowed onions with the potato mixture, place them in the skillet on top of the salt, and place one piece of reblochon on top of the filling in each onion. Cut off the bottom of the garlic bulb so that the cloves are visible. Place the garlic bulb – with the cut side facing up – and the onion tops next to the filled onions.
- Place the skillet on the grid, close the lid of the EGG and cook for about 15 minutes until the reblochon is nicely melted.
- Remove the skillet from the Big Green Egg and serve the tartiflette with the pickled onions, cornichons, garlic bulb and baguette. You can squeeze out the cloves from the roasted garlic bulb to rub into your baguette.
If you’d like to receive the most delicious recipes by email, register for our newsletter ‘Inspiration Today’ and add more flavour to your inbox. That’s all you have to do to receive the latest news about events, recipes especially for your EGG, practical tips and much, much more!
THE BIG GREEN EGG COMMUNITY
Let yourself be inspired and learn to do more with your Big Green Egg! Submerge yourself in a world full of culinary possibilities. Ask your questions and share your experiences via Facebook (biggreeneggeu) and Instagram (biggreeneggeu). Tag @biggreeneggeu, use the hashtags #TheEvergreen and #forevergreen and get featured! We create beautiful memories. Are you in?