Sea bream with rösti and vegetable couscous
Make your life easier with this one pan dish made in the Cast Iron Skillet Small in the Big Green Egg. You can take care of the advance preparations while the kamado is busy heating up. Then, the first step is to fry the potato rösti nice and crispy, while the fish cooks slowly. Next, you fry the vegetable couscous. When it is almost cooked, add the rösti back into the skillet with the sea bream and within a few minutes, you’ll have this delicious and colourful dish ready to serve. Bon appétit!
- 1 large floury potato
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 fillets of sea bream with skin
- 4 shallots
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 red pepper
- ½ fennel bulb
- 1 green courgette
- 1 yellow courgette
- 100 g mangetout
- 15 red and yellow cherry tomatoes
- 10 basil leaves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Light the charcoal in the Big Green Egg, and heat, with the Stainless Steel Grid, to a temperature of 220°C.
- Cut each sea bream fillet into 2 equal pieces. Peel and finely grate the potato.
- For the couscous, peel and chop the shallots. Peel and halve the peppers and remove the stems and seeds. Cut the flesh of the peppers and fennel into cubes of about 5 millimetres. Cut the courgettes into 5 thick slices. Peel these slices and cut these peels into small cubes of about 5 millimetres thick; you won’t be using the rest of the courgettes in this recipe. Clean the mangetout and cut them into cubes of about 5 millimetres. Halve the cherry tomatoes lengthwise. Chop the basil leaves finely.
- Heat the olive oil in the Cast Iron Skillet.
- Remove the skillet from the EGG and place on a heat-resistant mat. Divide the grated potato into 4 equal portions and place the potato in the skillet, spacing them out. Press down slightly with a spatula to flatten them and place a piece of sea bream fillet, skin down, on each potato cake. Sprinkle with sea salt to taste, close the lid of the EGG and fry until the potato rösti is golden brown and crispy; the sea bream does not need to be cooked yet.
- Remove the potato rösti with the sea bream fillets from the skillet and place them fish-side down on a plate. Heat the rest of the olive oil in the skillet.
- Add the shallots and fry for 2-3 minutes until the shallots are translucent. Mix in the diced pepper and fry for another 2-3 minutes. Spoon in the diced fennel and fry for another 2-3 minutes. Add the courgette and mangetout and fry for 2-3 minutes again. Finally, mix in the tomatoes and cook for 2-3 minutes; stir frequently and close the lid of the EGG after each action.
- Mix in the basil with the vegetables and add freshly ground white pepper and salt to taste. Place the sea bream fish-side down, with the rösti facing up, on top of the vegetables. Close the lid of the EGG and cook for 4-5 minutes until the sea bream fillets have reached a core temperature of 62 °C; you can measure this with the Instant Read Thermometer.
- Remove the skillet from the EGG and spoon the sea bream fillet with the rösti and vegetable couscous onto the plates.
If you’d like to receive the most delicious recipes by email, register for our newsletter ‘Inspiration Today’ and add more flavour to your inbox. That’s all you have to do to receive the latest news about events, recipes especially for your EGG, practical tips and much, much more!
THE BIG GREEN EGG COMMUNITY
Let yourself be inspired and learn to do more with your Big Green Egg! Submerge yourself in a world full of culinary possibilities. Ask your questions and share your experiences via Facebook (biggreeneggeu) and Instagram (biggreeneggeu). Tag @biggreeneggeu, use the hashtags #TheEvergreen and #forevergreen and get featured! We create beautiful memories. Are you in?