Pulled salmon with sweet ‘n’ sour vegetables
Smoking salmon with a twist! This pulled salmon is very fast and simple to prepare on your Big Green Egg with just a few ingredients needed. Alongside the smoked salmon, you can serve some vegetables that you can prepare a day ahead. On the day itself, you only need to soak a smoking plank, bring the salmon to taste and then smoke it on your kamado.
- 600 g skinless salmon fillet (loin)
- 4 tbsp piccalilli
- 2 sprigs of coriander
SWEET ‘N’ SOUR
- 8 marloeskes (small onions)
- 4 young carrots
- ¼ fennel bulb
- 100 ml water
- 100 ml organic vinegar
- 100 g sugar
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- Peel and halve the marloeskes for the sweet ‘n’ sour brine. Peel the young carrots and cut into cubes along with the fennel.
- Add the organic vinegar, the sugar and the turmeric to the water and bring it to the boil. Add the vegetables, wait until the liquid boils again and turn of the heat. Allow the vegetables to cool in the liquid to room temperature.
- Soak a Cedar Wooden Grilling Plank in a bowl of water for at least 30 minutes. In the meantime, ignite the charcoal in the Big Green Egg and heat to a temperature of 140°C with the Stainless Steel Grid.
- Place the salmon loin on the soaked Wooden Grilling Plank and lightly sprinkle it with salt and freshly ground white pepper. Rub the piccalilli through a sieve and cover the salmon loin with the sieved liquid.
- Place the Wooden Grilling Plank with the salmon on the grid. Close the lid of the EGG and cook the salmon loins for 15 to 20 minutes until a core temperature of 60°C is reached. You can measure the core temperature with the Instant Read Thermometer.
- Drain the sweet ‘n’ sour vegetables. Remove the Wooden Grilling Plank from the EGG, pull the smoked salmon into a pulled salmon and plate it with the sweet ‘n’ sour vegetables. Finally, garnish with the coriander.
If you’d like to receive the most delicious recipes by email, register for our newsletter ‘Inspiration Today’ and add more flavour to your inbox. That’s all you have to do to receive the latest news about events, recipes especially for your EGG, practical tips and much, much more!
THE BIG GREEN EGG COMMUNITY
Let yourself be inspired and learn to do more with your Big Green Egg! Submerge yourself in a world full of culinary possibilities. Ask your questions and share your experiences via Facebook (biggreeneggeu) and Instagram (biggreeneggeu). Tag @biggreeneggeu, use the hashtags #TheEvergreen and #forevergreen and get featured! We create beautiful memories. Are you in?