Pulled chicken with roast potato
Do you want to prepare pulled chicken? This is our recipe for perfect pulled chicken. Your chicken will be deliciously juicy due to the preparation on your Big Green Egg, and at the same time, you can use your kamado to roast the potatoes and create an entire dish. A simple, but tasty homemade yoghurt sauce will be the perfect finishing touch!
- 1 free-range chicken
- 2 olive oil
- 8 coriander leaves
RUB FOR CHICKEN
- 30 g unground vadouvan
- 10 g white peppercorns
- 5 g cumin seeds
- 30 g Indian curry powder
- 20 g smoked paprika powder (sweet)
- 10 g ground ginger
- 5 g mustard powder
- 5 g ground nutmeg
- 5 g garlic granulate
- 20 g celery salt
- 30 g dark brown caster sugar
- 4 floury potatoes
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 sprigs of coriander
- 10 chive stalks
- 6 tablespoons Greek Yoghurt (5% fat)
- 2 tsp harissa
- Ignite the charcoal in the Big Green Egg and heat, with the convEGGtor, the Disposable Drip Pan and the Stainless Steel Grid, to a temperature of 180°C.
- In the meantime, for the rub, ground finely the vadouvan, the peppercorns and the cumin seeds in a spice mill, a coffee mill or use a mortar. Mix all ingredients for the rub together and measure 3 tablespoons. You can store the remainder in a sealed container for another time.
- First, rub the chicken with the olive oil, and then use the measured rub. Wash the potatoes and pat them dry.
- Place the chicken on the grid, and insert the pin of the Dual Probe Wireless Remote Thermometer into the thickest part of the femur, making sure you do not hit the bone, and set the core temperature at 80°C. Place the potatoes next to the chicken. Close the lid of the EGG and leave the chicken to cook for about 70 minutes until the set core temperature has been reached, while the potatoes are roasting.
- Meanwhile, for the sauce, peel the garlic and chop it finely. Pull off the coriander leaves and chop finely along with the chives. Mix together all the ingredients for the sauce and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the chicken and the potatoes from the EGG when the set core temperature has been reached. Carefully remove the skin of the chicken and chop it to small pieces. Pull the chicken into a pulled chicken and mix it with the skin.
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise and put some of the pulled chicken on top. Spoon some sauce over it and garnish with the coriander leaves.
If you’d like to receive the most delicious recipes by email, register for our newsletter ‘Inspiration Today’ and add more flavour to your inbox. That’s all you have to do to receive the latest news about events, recipes especially for your EGG, practical tips and much, much more!
THE BIG GREEN EGG COMMUNITY
Let yourself be inspired and learn to do more with your Big Green Egg! Submerge yourself in a world full of culinary possibilities. Ask your questions and share your experiences via Facebook (biggreeneggeu) and Instagram (biggreeneggeu). Tag @biggreeneggeu, use the hashtags #TheEvergreen and #forevergreen and get featured! We create beautiful memories. Are you in?