Pasta salad with grilled vegetables
Want to put a healthy vegetarian dish on the table in no time? Then this pasta salad with grilled vegetables is perfect! Light the charcoal in the Big Green Egg to grill the vegetables while you cook the pasta. Grilling the vegetables in the kamado not only cooks them, it also gives them a lot more flavour as the sugars naturally present in the vegetables caramelise. Serve the salad for lunch or, for example, as a side dish.
- 250 g conchiglioni rigati (large pasta shells)
- 2 onions
- 1 courgette
- 2 royal boletes
- 4 stalks of Bimi broccoli
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp sushi vinegar
- 1 small container of watercress
- 200 g shaved Parmesan cheese
- 50 g pine nuts
- Light the charcoal in the Big Green Egg and heat, with the Cast Iron Grid, to a temperature of 200°C. Meanwhile, cook the pasta shells in lightly salted water according to the instructions on the packet until al dente.
- For the vegetables, peel the onions and cut them and the courgette into slices about 2 centimetres thick. Cut the royal boletes lengthwise into 1-centimetre-thick slices. For the vinaigrette, mix the olive oil and sushi vinegar.
- Brush the onion slices, courgette and king bolete and Bimi broccoli with the olive oil. Place these vegetables and the peppers on the grill and close the lid of the EGG. Grill the vegetables for about 3 minutes. Turn the sliced vegetables a quarter turn, flip the Bimi broccoli, turn the peppers a quarter turn and grill for another 3 minutes.
- Flip the sliced vegetables, flip the Bimi broccoli and turn the peppers another quarter turn and grill again for 3 minutes. Repeat again so that the sliced vegetables have a nice grill pattern, the Bimi broccoli is cooked and the pepper is grilled all around.
- Remove all the vegetables from the EGG and let them cool slightly. Cut the Bimi broccoli into pieces of 3 to 4 centimetres. Remove the skins, stems and seeds from the peppers and cut the flesh into pieces about 1 x 2 centimetres.
- Mix the vegetables and vinaigrette into the pasta shells. Add salt and pepper to taste. To garnish, cut the watercress and sprinkle the pasta salad with the watercress, shaved Parmesan cheese and pine nuts. Mix gently and spoon the pasta salad into a pretty bowl.
If you’d like to receive the most delicious recipes by email, register for our newsletter ‘Inspiration Today’ and add more flavour to your inbox. That’s all you have to do to receive the latest news about events, recipes especially for your EGG, practical tips and much, much more!
THE BIG GREEN EGG COMMUNITY
Let yourself be inspired and learn to do more with your Big Green Egg! Submerge yourself in a world full of culinary possibilities. Ask your questions and share your experiences via Facebook (biggreeneggeu) and Instagram (biggreeneggeu). Tag @biggreeneggeu, use the hashtags #TheEvergreen and #forevergreen and get featured! We create beautiful memories. Are you in?