Naan is a delicious flatbread, mainly known from Indian cuisine. You can also easily bake this flatbread in the Big Green Egg. After all, it’s best when homemade, especially when baked in your kamado. Naan dough only has to rise once, and it doesn’t have to bake very long, making it a relatively quick bread. Perfect for a last-minute party!
- 50 g egg
- 250 g wheat flour, plus extra for dusting
- 70 g whole milk
- 30 g whole-fat yoghurt
- 17 g fresh yeast
- 15 g olive oil, plus extra for greasing
- 5 g salt
- 6 tbsp clarified butter
- 3 cloves of garlic
- ½ bunch coriander
- Use a whisk to beat the egg in the mixing bowl of your food processor. Add the remaining ingredients and use the food processor with a dough hook to knead the dough at medium speed for 6-7 minutes to make a supple, elastic dough; of course, the dough can also be kneaded by hand. The dough is ready when you pull it apart and are able to pull off a tiny, thin layer.
- Place the dough in a bowl greased with olive oil, cover with cling film and let rise for 60 minutes. After rising, the dough will be dry and silky, and will have doubled in volume.
- Ignite the charcoal in the Big Green Egg and use the convEGGtor, the Stainless Steel Grid and the Baking Stone to heat to a temperature of 240°C.
- In the meantime, divide the dough into 4 balls of about 110 grams each and make them round. Roll them out on a worktop dusted with flour to make circles of about 4-5 mm thick with a diameter of about 20 cm. Place 2 circles of dough on the Baking Stone and close the lid of the EGG. Bake the naans in 6-8 minutes until done and golden brown; if necessary, turn them halfway through. In the meantime, melt the clarified butter for the topping. Peel and finely chop the garlic. Pick the leaves from the sprigs of coriander and chop finely.
- Remove the naans from the EGG and let cool on a rack. While they are cooling, coat them with half of the clarified butter and then sprinkle over half of the garlic and coriander. Bake the rest of the naans in the Big Green Egg in the same way!
If you’d like to receive the most delicious recipes by email, register for our newsletter ‘Inspiration Today’ and add more flavour to your inbox. That’s all you have to do to receive the latest news about events, recipes especially for your EGG, practical tips and much, much more!
THE BIG GREEN EGG COMMUNITY
Let yourself be inspired and learn to do more with your Big Green Egg! Submerge yourself in a world full of culinary possibilities. Ask your questions and share your experiences via Facebook (biggreeneggeu) and Instagram (biggreeneggeu). Tag @biggreeneggeu, use the hashtags #TheEvergreen and #forevergreen and get featured! We create beautiful memories. Are you in?