Create one of the tastiest BBQ snacks ever with this moink balls recipe. If you are throwing a party, you could prepare the balls in advance so that you only need to cook them on your EGG.
- 500 g minced beef
- 2 sprigs of parsley
- 1 sprig of oregano
- 1 sprig of basil
- 3-4 full tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 long slices of streaky bacon
- barbecue sauce of your choice
- Ignite the charcoal in the Big Green Egg and heat to 150°C. Meanwhile, put the minced meat in a bowl. Remove the leaves from the herbs and finely chop them.
- Add the herbs and 2 tablespoons of the Parmesan cheese to the minced meat, season to taste and knead well.
- Halve the bacon slices. Divide the mince into portions of around 35 gr and roll into balls. Wrap each ball in half a slice of bacon and secure with a cocktail stick.
- Scatter a handful of Cherry Wood Chips over the glowing charcoal. Place the convEGGtor in the EGG, put the Disposable Drip Pan on top and put the Cast Iron Grid in the EGG. Place the moink balls on the grid and close the lid of the EGG. Bring the temperature of the EGG back up to 150°C and leave the moink balls to smoke and cook for about 30-35 minutes, turning them after about 15-20 minutes.
- The moink balls are cooked when they have reached a core temperature of 63-64°C. You can measure the core temperature with a probe thermometer. Remove them from the EGG and place them in the Rectangular Drip Pan. Brush the moink balls with your favourite barbecue sauce.
- Put the Drip Pan on the grid and close the lid of the EGG. Heat the moink balls for 3-4 minutes so that the sauce caramelises a bit.
- Remove the moink balls from the EGG. Remove the cocktail sticks, put the balls on an attractive serving plate and sprinkle with the rest of the Parmesan cheese. Use the Corn Holders as forks for a smart presentation.
Visit our Fan Shop!
The real EGG fan will always stand out due to his passion for food and because he prefers to spend his time in front of his Big Green Egg. Then again, his hoodie and socks may be a dead giveaway. You can find these and other original gift tips in our Fan Shop.