Flammkuchen with salmon
If you love Flammkuchen and fish, you really should try this Flammkuchen recipe for the Big Green Egg. The crème fraîche, the basic topping for the Flammkuchen base, is spiced up using red curry paste. A perfect Flammkuchen variation in combination with salmon, red onion and rocket!
- 350 g (white) durum flour + extra for dusting
- 7 g dry yeast
- 7 g salt
- 210 ml water
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 200 g salmon fillet
- 2 red onions
- 6 spring onions
- 200 g crème fraîche
- 2 tbsp red curry paste
- 20 g rocket
PREPARATION IN ADVANCE
- Put all of the ingredients for the base in a food processor with a dough hook. Leave the machine to run for about 15 minutes until the dough is flexible and cohesive.
- Wrap the dough in cling film and let it rest for 20 minutes at room temperature.
- Meanwhile, ignite the charcoal in the Big Green Egg and heat with the convEGGtor, the grid and the Baking Stone to 250°C. For the topping, cut the salmon fillet into thin slices. Peel the red onions, cut into quarters and then into strips. Cut the spring onions into thin rings and mix the crème fraîche with the curry paste.
- Divide the dough into 6 pieces of the same size and roll each piece of dough into a little ball. Lightly dust your worktop with flour and roll out one of the dough balls as thinly as possible.
- For the topping, brush the base with one sixth of the crème fraîche mixture, leaving an edge of about 2 cm. Top with one sixth of the salmon, the onions and the spring onions.
- Lightly dust the Aluminium Pizza Peel and the Baking Stone with flour. Place the Flammkuchen on the Baking Stone using the pizza peel and close the lid of the EGG. Bake the Flammkuchen for about 8 minutes until golden brown and crispy. In the meantime, you can roll out the next Flammkuchen base and add the topping.
- Remove the Flammkuchen from the EGG using the peel. Top with some of the rocket and cut into slices using the Compact Pizza Cutter. Bake the remaining Flammkuchen in the same way.
If you would like to receive your dose of inspiration by e-mail, then register for our monthly newsletter Inspiration Today and add some more flavour to your inbox. That’s all you have to do to receive the most delicious recipes, inspiring seasonal menus, practical tips and much, much more!