King prawn kebab
Kebabs are often known as mince skewers using lamb, veal or chicken. We have made a delicious variation of that featuring king prawns, prepared on the Big Green Egg! In addition, our chef has developed a very simple technique to create these mince skewers. Discover this method in the recipe below.
Planning to serve this delicious snack at a party? Prepare the skewers in advance, so all you need to do is grill them in your kamado. The easiest way to do this is on the Cast Iron Satay Grill. This Big Green Egg accessory is specially designed for grilling skewers, so the sticks will not burn.
- 1 shallot
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 500 g peeled Argentinean king prawns
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tbsp panko breadcrumbs
- ½ tbsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp sambal manis
- 1 tsp madras curry powder
- 2 spring onions
- 1 sprig of coriander
- 200 ml sweet chilli sauce
- For the kebab, peel and chop the shallot and garlic. Combine all kebab ingredients in a food processor, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. Blend until finely minced. Spoon the mixture into a piping bag and refrigerate for 30 minutes to set.
- Cut a 2 cm opening at the tip of the piping bag filled with king prawn mince. Insert a satay skewer into the openingand gently squeeze the bag while at the same time pulling back the skewer. This is an easy way to make kebabs. Place on a tray and make the rest of the kebab in the same way. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to set.
- For the sauce, cut the spring onions into thin rings. Pick the leaves from the sprig of coriander and chop finely. Mix the spring onion and coriander into the sauce.
- Ignite the charcoal in the Big Green Egg. Preheat it, along with the Cast Iron Satay Grill, to 200°C.
- Place the first batch of kebabs on the grill. Close the EGG lid andgrill the kebabs for about 3 minutes on each side.Repeat with the remaining kebabs. Serve with the sauce.
If you’d like to receive the most delicious recipes by email, register for our newsletter ‘Inspiration Today’ and add more flavour to your inbox. That’s all you have to do to receive the latest news about events, recipes especially for your EGG, practical tips and much, much more!
THE BIG GREEN EGG COMMUNITY
Let yourself be inspired and learn to do more with your Big Green Egg! Submerge yourself in a world full of culinary possibilities. Ask your questions and share your experiences via Facebook (biggreeneggeu) and Instagram (biggreeneggeu). Tag @biggreeneggeu, use the hashtags #TheEvergreen and #forevergreen and get featured! We create beautiful memories. Are you in?