Have you ever tasted bavette? It is a fantastic cut of meat oozing with flavour. Grilling the bavette on the Cast Iron Grid in your Big Green Egg will make it even tastier. The meat will, of course, take on the subtle flavours for which the Big Green Egg is renowned and the grill will create lovely grill lines, providing even more flavour. Cutting the bavette along the fibres, into thin slices, will make it deliciously tender. This video explains exactly how to do it.
- 800 g bavette
- 1 tsp smoked paprika powder (sweet)
- 1 tsp curry powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp mild olive oil, plus extra for greasing
- Light the charcoal in the Big Green Egg and heat, with the Cast Iron Grid, to a temperature of 200°C. In the meantime, remove any membranes from the bavette and allow it to come up to room temperature.
- Sprinkle both sides of the bavette with the spices, sea salt and pepper. Drizzle with the olive oil and rub it into the meat.
- Grease the Cast Iron Grid with olive oil using a piece of kitchen paper. Place the bavette on the grill, close the lid of the EGG, and grill the meat for around 4 minutes.
- Turn the meat a quarter turn and grill for further 4 minutes to create a nice grill pattern. Flip the bavette and repeat on the other side until the meat reaches a core temperature of 52-55°C; you can measure the core temperature using the Instant Read Thermometer.
- Remove the bavette from the EGG. Loosely cover the meat with aluminium foil and leave to rest for around 10 minutes.
- Cut the bavette along the fibres into thin slices.
If you’d like to receive the most delicious recipes by email, register for our newsletter ‘Inspiration Today’ and add more flavour to your inbox. That’s all you have to do to receive the latest news about events, recipes especially for your EGG, practical tips and much, much more!
THE BIG GREEN EGG COMMUNITY
Let yourself be inspired and learn to do more with your Big Green Egg! Submerge yourself in a world full of culinary possibilities. Ask your questions and share your experiences via Facebook (biggreeneggeu) and Instagram (biggreeneggeu). Tag @biggreeneggeu, use the hashtags #TheEvergreen and #forevergreen and get featured! We create beautiful memories. Are you in?