Fettuccine Alfredo de luxe
Stir-frying in de Big Green Egg? You can do that as well! Many Oriental dishes are highly suitable for it, but it also works well for delicious pasta dishes, such as Fettucine Alfredo. The original Italian Alfredo pasta recipe is a simple version that you can spruce up beautifully by adding Ibérico ham and black truffle. The pasta? You obviously prepare it yourself shaped like very fine angel’s hair, or capelli d’angelo. Is there a pasta even more heavenly than this one?
- 200 g semolina flour, plus extra for dusting
- 200 g type 00 flour
- 4 large eggs
- 3 shallots
- 80 g Ibérico ham slices
- 15 g dried ceps
- 2 spring onions
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 300 ml whipping cream
- 50 g Parmesan cheese flakes
- 1 small black truffle of approx. 10 grams
- For the pasta, sieve both types of flour above your worktop. Make a well in the centre of the flour and break the eggs into it. Stir from the inside until everything is mixed well. Knead until the dough is firm and compact. Shape the dough into a ball, cover it with cling film and allow the dough to rest for at least half an hour.
- Light the charcoal in the Big Green Egg and heat to a temperature of 180°C. Meanwhile, dust some semolina flour on a large wooden plank and place the pasta dough on it. Roll out the dough, rotate it one quarter turn, turn it over and roll it out again. Repeat until the dough is approx. 1 mm thick. Dust the dough with semolina and roll it up. Cut the roll into thin strips and gently separate the strips; the capelli d’angelo. Bring a big pan of lightly salted water to the boil.
- Peel and chop the shallots. Cut the Ibérico ham into strips about 1 cm wide. Grind the dried ceps into a fine powder using the chopper blade of a hand blender. Cut the spring onions into thin rings.
- Place the Carbon Steel Grill Wok in the convEGGtor Basket and place the latter in the Big Green Egg. Allow the wok to heat well. Pour the sunflower oil into the wok and add the ham strips, the shallot and the cep powder. Fry the shallot mixture for about 3 minutes; stir every now and then and close the lid of the EGG after each action. Meanwhile, add the capelli d’angelo to the boiling water and cook the pasta al dente in approx. 1 minute. Drain the pasta.
- Pour the whipping cream into the wok and leave to reduce until it reaches sauce thickness; this shouldn’t take long, stir again and close the lid of the EGG after each action.
- Stir the warm capelli d’angelo, the Parmesan cheese flakes and spring onion into the sauce, remove the wok from the EGG and add freshly ground black pepper and salt to taste. Distribute the pasta over the plates and shave the truffle over it.
Can’t find any truffles? The pasta will also taste incredibly good with thin slices of grilled royal bolete as finishing touch.
If you’d like to receive the most delicious recipes by email, register for our newsletter ‘Inspiration Today’ and add more flavour to your inbox. That’s all you have to do to receive the latest news about events, recipes especially for your EGG, practical tips and much, much more!
THE BIG GREEN EGG COMMUNITY
Let yourself be inspired and learn to do more with your Big Green Egg! Submerge yourself in a world full of culinary possibilities. Ask your questions and share your experiences via Facebook (biggreeneggeu) and Instagram (biggreeneggeu). Tag @biggreeneggeu, use the hashtags #TheEvergreen and #forevergreen and get featured! We create beautiful memories. Are you in?