Stir-fried noodles with chicken
Have you ever used your Big Green Egg for stir-frying? This recipe with noodles, chicken and vegetables is easy and tasty. Once the chicken has marinated for an hour and the grill is hot, this wok recipe is on the table in no time. A tasty, healthy and complete meal!
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp yellow curry paste
- 500 g chicken thigh fillet
- 2 shallots
- 1 red sweet pointed pepper
- 1 yellow sweet pointed pepper
- 50 g shiitake mushrooms
- ½ Chinese cabbage
- ⅓ red chilli pepper
- 2 spring onions
- 2 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp ginger syrup
- 1 tbsp black bean garlic sauce
- 600 g precooked udon noodles
- coriander, to taste (optional)
- For the chicken, peel and finely chop the garlic. Heat the olive oil with the yellow curry paste and the garlic for 2-3 minutes in a saucepan on a low heat. Remove the pan from the heat and leave the oil and curry paste mixture to cool.
- Cut the chicken thigh fillets into cubes and mix in the cooled oil and curry paste. Leave to marinate for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Ignite the charcoal in the Big Green Egg and bring it, with the convEGGtor Basket, to a temperature of 220°C.
- For the vegetables, in the meantime, peel the shallots and cut them into half rings. Cut the stalks off the pointed peppers, remove the seeds and cut into rings. Cut the shiitake mushrooms into slices. Cut the Chinese cabbage into strips. Remove the stem and seeds from the chilli pepper and cut it into thin rings.
- Place the Carbon Steel Grill Wok in the basket. Close the lid of the EGG and preheat the wok. Meanwhile, mix all the ingredients for the sauce together. Bring 1 litre of water to the boil. Pour this over the noodles so that they separate and let the noodles drain well. In preparation for serving, pick the coriander leaves and finely chop.
- Add the chicken pieces to the wok and stir-fry for 4-5 minutes until golden brown. Add the shallots, the pepper and the shitake mushrooms and stir-fry for a further 2 minutes. Now stir in the noodles. Once the noodles have heated through for 1 minute, stir in the Chinese cabbage, chilli peppers, spring onion and sauce.
- Immediately afterwards, remove the wok from the Big Green Egg and scoop the chicken noodles into bowls. Sprinkle with the coriander.
If you’d like to receive the most delicious recipes by email, register for our newsletter ‘Inspiration Today’ and add more flavour to your inbox. That’s all you have to do to receive the latest news about events, recipes especially for your EGG, practical tips and much, much more!
THE BIG GREEN EGG COMMUNITY
Let yourself be inspired and learn to do more with your Big Green Egg! Submerge yourself in a world full of culinary possibilities. Ask your questions and share your experiences via Facebook (biggreeneggeu) and Instagram (biggreeneggeu). Tag @biggreeneggeu, use the hashtags #TheEvergreen and #forevergreen and get featured! We create beautiful memories. Are you in?