Camembert cheese fondue
Are you crazy about shared dining from the Big Green Egg? It doesn’t always have to consist of several smaller dishes. It’s just as nice to put a showpiece such as this spectacular cheese fondue on the table. A vegetarian dish that is very quick and easy to make in your kamado. You may, of course, grill the vegetables in your EGG too, for extra flavour.
- 1 camembert of 1 kg
- 5 cloves of fresh garlic
- 8 sprigs of rosemary
- 6 sprigs of thyme
- 50 ml white wine
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 celery stalks
- 12 green asparagus spears
- 12 stems Bimi broccoli
- 8 baby corns
- country bread
PREPARATION IN ADVANCE
- Light the charcoal in the Big Green Egg and heat, with the Cast Iron Grid, to a temperature of 200°C.
- Meanwhile, remove the camembert from its wooden box and cut the cheese crosswise every few centimetres to a depth of around half a centimetre. Cover the box with baking paper and put the cheese back inside. Peel and thinly slice the garlic cloves. Insert the garlic and herbs at regular intervals in the cheese.
- For the vegetables, cut the bell pepper in half, remove the stalk, the seeds and membrane and cut the flesh into wide strips. Cut the celery stalks into approx. 10 cm pieces. Remove the hard ends of the green asparagus and the broccoli.
- Place the vegetables on the grid and grill for around 4 minutes, depending on their thickness.
- Remove the vegetables from the EGG and set them aside. Remove the Cast Iron Grid, install the convEGGtor and place the Stainless Steel Grid in the EGG. Heat to 190°C.
- Pour the white wine over the camembert and place the wooden box with the cheese on the grid. Close the lid of the EGG and heat the cheese, depending on its maturity, for 10-15 minutes until it is nice and soft. Cover a large bowl that is large enough for the camembert to fit inside with pine branches.
- Remove the box with the camembert from the EGG and place on the pine branches. Place the grilled vegetables inside. Set the pine branches alight and serve with the country bread, so that this, just like the vegetables, can be dipped into the cheese too.
If you’d like to receive the most delicious recipes by email, register for our newsletter ‘Inspiration Today’ and add more flavour to your inbox. That’s all you have to do to receive the latest news about events, recipes especially for your EGG, practical tips and much, much more!
THE BIG GREEN EGG COMMUNITY
Let yourself be inspired and learn to do more with your Big Green Egg! Submerge yourself in a world full of culinary possibilities. Ask your questions and share your experiences via Facebook (biggreeneggeu) and Instagram (biggreeneggeu). Tag @biggreeneggeu, use the hashtags #TheEvergreen and #forevergreen and get featured! We create beautiful memories. Are you in?