Wrap rolls with cream cheese, Parma ham and grilled cucumber
All you need to do for this delicious appetizer is to grill the cucumber on your EGG. The other ingredients don’t need to be cooked. But this one action on the Big Green Egg adds this subtle flavour to your wrap rolls, which makes your guests wonder what it is that makes this appetizer snack so delicious.
- 3 tortilla wraps
- 1 cucumber
- 150 g cheddar
- 100 g Peppadew peppers (pot, drained weight) or other pickled peppers
- 400 g cream cheese
- sea salt
- 100 g Parma ham (slices)
- 50 g sun-dried tomatoes in oil
PREPARATION IN ADVANCE
- Light the charcoal in the Big Green Egg and heat, with the Cast Iron Grid, to a temperature of 220°C.
- In the meantime, halve the cucumber lengthwise. Remove the seeds and cut every half in four (you need 6 cucumber strips, so you can eat the 2 remaining ones).
- Thinly cut the cheddar and the peppers. Mix in with the cream cheese with sea salt to taste. Drain the sun-dried tomatoes and cut them in half.
- Place the cucumber strips on the grid with the cutting edge and close the lid of the EGG. Grill the cucumber strips for approx. 2 minutes. Turn to the other cutting edge and grill for another 2 minutes.
- Remove the cucumber strips from the EGG and leave to cool slightly. In the meantime, cover the wraps with a thick layer of the cream mixture and the slices of Parma ham.
- Place 2 strips of grilled cucumber at the ‘bottom’ of each wrap and roll them up.
- Put about 7 cocktail sticks with a sun-dried tomato (with an even amount of space in between) in every wrap and cut them into nice rolls.
If you would like to receive your dose of inspiration by e-mail, then register for our monthly newsletter Inspiration Today and add some more flavour to your inbox. That’s all you have to do to receive the most delicious recipes, inspiring seasonal menus, practical tips and much, much more!