Little Pumpkin Tarts
These original little pumpkin tarts from the Big Green Egg are ideal and very easy snacks. Whether you’re looking for a delicious appetizer for your party, a surprising starter or a unique vegetable side dish, these tarts are perfect. You can prepare them beforehand and fry them when you want to serve them, or fry them beforehand and heat them up in your EGG in 5 minutes.
- 10 slices of savoury pie crust (10 x 10 cm, frozen)
- ½ butternut squash
- 3 sprigs of rosemary
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp curry powder
- sea salt
- 4 tbsp ricotta
- flour, for dusting
- 2 tbsp olive oil
PREPARATION IN ADVANCE
- Light the charcoal in the Big Green Egg and heat, with the convEGGtor and the grid, to 180°C. Let the savoury pie crust thaw.
- In the meantime, peel the squash and remove the seeds. Cut the flesh into 5 mm cubes. Remove the needles from the rosemary and chop finely. Mix the squash, rosemary, ginger powder and sea salt to taste in a bowl and mix in the ricotta.
- Put out 10 round aluminium tins (Ø 6-8 cm, 3-4 cm high). Dust the slices of savoury pie crust on both sides with flour and place a slice in every tin. Remove the surplus crust.
- Evenly distribute the squash mixture over the tins.
- Place the tins on the grid and close the lid of the EGG. Fry the pumpkin tarts for approx. 30 minutes until the squash is done and the crust is golden brown.
- Remove the tarts from the EGG and sprinkle the pumpkin stuffing with the olive oil. Serve them lukewarm.
If you would like to receive your dose of inspiration by e-mail, then register for our monthly newsletter Inspiration Today and add some more flavour to your inbox. That’s all you have to do to receive the most delicious recipes, inspiring seasonal menus, practical tips and much, much more!