Looking for a vegetarian recipe for quesadillas? This version from the Big Green Egg is not only incredibly tasty, but also nice and quick to prepare. Light the charcoal in your kamado, slice the ingredients and fill the tortillas in the meantime. Place them on the Baking Stone and about 10 minutes later, cut the first two quesadillas into triangles to serve. Are you curious about a non-vegetarian version too? Then try these quesadillas with pulled chicken.
- 4 tortillas (Ø 25-30 cm)
- 2 shallots
- 4 green asparagus
- 3 baby corn
- ½ red bell pepper
- ½ courgette
- 1 sprig of oregano
- 2 tbsp sweet coarse mustard
- 200 g grated cheddar
- 200 g mozzarella
- 1 spring onion
- 150 ml sweet chilli sauce
- Light the charcoal in the Big Green Egg and use the convEGGtor to heat the Stainless Steel Grid and the Baking Stone to a temperature of 220 °C.
- Meanwhile, peel the shallots and cut them into thin half-rings for the filling. Cut the hard ends off the green asparagus and slice them and the baby corn finely. Remove the stem and seeds from the pepper and slice the flesh into thin strips. Cut the peel with little flesh off the courgette, and slice it into thin strips (you won’t use the rest of the courgette in this recipe). Remove the leaves from the sprig of oregano and chop finely. Mix the sliced vegetables with the oregano.
- Place the tortillas on your worktop. Coat half of each tortilla with the mustard. Spread the vegetable mixture and then the cheddar over this. Tear the mozzarella into pieces and divide over the cheddar. Fold the unfilled part of the tortillas over the filling. You now have quesadillas.
- Use the Stainless Steel Pizza Peel to place two quesadillas onto the Baking Stone. Close the lid of the EGG and fry the quesadillas for about 5 minutes.
- Flip the quesadillas over and fry for another 5 minutes. Meanwhile, chop the spring onion finely and mix with the sweet chilli sauce for the sauce.
- Remove the quesadillas from the EGG, cut into triangles and serve with the sauce. Cook the rest of the quesadillas in the same way.
If you’d like to receive the most delicious recipes by email, register for our newsletter ‘Inspiration Today’ and add more flavour to your inbox. That’s all you have to do to receive the latest news about events, recipes especially for your EGG, practical tips and much, much more!
THE BIG GREEN EGG COMMUNITY
Let yourself be inspired and learn to do more with your Big Green Egg! Submerge yourself in a world full of culinary possibilities. Ask your questions and share your experiences via Facebook (biggreeneggeu) and Instagram (biggreeneggeu). Tag @biggreeneggeu, use the hashtags #TheEvergreen and #forevergreen and get featured! We create beautiful memories. Are you in?