Vegetarian lasagne with Provençal vegetables and a fennel salad
Have you ever made traditional lasagne Bolognese on your Big Green Egg? Then you should definitely make this vegetarian lasagne sometime on your kamado. Thanks to the large amount of vegetables, it is an incredibly healthy recipe. And what about the taste? You will most certainly be pleasantly surprised.
- 4 portobellos
- 2 aubergines
- 2 courgettes
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 yellow bellow peppers
- 2 red onions
- 200 g cottage cheese (Hüttenkäse)
- 2 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 250 g grated mozzarella
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 8 basil leaves
- 1 tsp Madras curry powder
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1 fennel
- 1 sprig of chervil
- 1 sprig of tarragon
- 8 sprigs of chives
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sushi vinegar
- 1 tbsp Pastis
- Light the charcoal in the Big Green Egg and heat with the Cast Iron Grid to a temperature of 220°C.
- Meanwhile, peel the garlic for the herb oil. Remove the leaves from the thyme and the needles from the rosemary. With the hand blender, finely grind the garlic and all the herbs with the curry powder and the olive oil.
- Remove the stalks from the portobellos and cut the cap of the mushrooms into slices approx. 1 cm thick. Cut the aubergines and courgettes lengthwise into slices approx. 4 mm thick. Brush the slices on both sides with the herbal oil.
- Place the bell peppers on the grid and roast evenly on all sides for about 10 minutes until the skin is blackened. In the meantime, grill the portobello, aubergine and courgette slices approx. 2 minutes per side; close the lid of the EGG after each operation. Leave the vegetable slices to cool on a clean tea towel. Remove the bell peppers from the EGG and cover them with plastic film.
- Peel the onions and cut them into thin rings. Mix the cottage cheese, eggs and egg yolks with a whisk or hand blender.
- Remove the skins, stems and seeds from the roasted peppers and cut the flesh into broad strips.
- Arrange the vegetables in overlapping layers in an oven dish (Ø 30 cm). Start with the aubergine slices, sprinkle these with some onion rings, make a layer of bell pepper, then portobellos and finally a layer of the courgette slices. Spread a thin layer of the cottage cheese mixture over each layer of vegetables and repeat until you have used up all the vegetables. Try to end with the courgette and sprinkle this with the grated mozzarella.
- Remove the Cast Iron Grid, place the convEGGtor and Stainless Steel Grid in the EGG. Place the oven dish on the grid and close the lid of the EGG. Bring the temperature to 180°C and fry the lasagne for approx. 40 minutes until tender and golden brown.
- Remove the lasagne from the EGG and leave to rest for 10-15 minutes. Meanwhile, for the salad, scrape the fennel into wafer-thin slices. Remove the leaves from the chervil and tarragon and cut the chives into chunks. Mix the ingredients for the dressing and make the fennel with this. Mix the herbs through the salad and serve it on or with your Big Green Egg vegetarian lasagne.
If you’d like to receive the most delicious recipes by email, register for our newsletter ‘Inspiration Today’ and add more flavour to your inbox. That’s all you have to do to receive the latest news about events, recipes especially for your EGG, practical tips and much, much more!
THE BIG GREEN EGG COMMUNITY
Let yourself be inspired and learn to do more with your Big Green Egg! Submerge yourself in a world full of culinary possibilities. Ask your questions and share your experiences via Facebook (biggreeneggeu) and Instagram (biggreeneggeu). Tag @biggreeneggeu, use the hashtags #TheEvergreen and #forevergreen and get featured! We create beautiful memories. Are you in?