This vegetarian dish consists entirely of tasty and healthy vegetables! We stuff the artichokes with a combination of broad beans and white beans before sprinkling them with baked breadcrumbs and lavender flowers. The purple lavender flowers will remind you of the flowers that normally grow on an artichoke.
For the stuffed artichokes
- 4 large artichokes
- 2 lemons
- 300 g broad beans in their pod
- 1 slice of white bread
- 1 can or jar of white beans approx. 300 g
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 sprigs of flat parsley
- olive oil
- pesticide-free lavender flowers
- Heat the Big Green Egg with convEGGtor, with the legs facing up, to 180°C. In the meantime, cut the stalk and the top half off the artichokes and halve the lemons. Tie the artichokes and lemons together using kitchen twine, cut side facing and place the artichokes in the Round Drip Pan.
- Fill the Drip Pan with water 2/3rds of the way up. Place on the convEGGtor, close the lid and cook the artichokes in approx. 45 minutes. From time to time, check whether there is still enough water in the pan and, if necessary, add more water. 10 minutes before the end, place the Stainless Steel Grid on the convEGGtor legs (over the Drip Pan with artichokes) and cook the broad beans for 10 minutes.
- Remove the beans and artichokes from the EGG and allow to cool. Remove the convEGGtor and replace the grid. Put the Perforated Cooking Grid on the grid, cut the bread into little pieces and fry these on the Perforated Grid until crispy. Remove the Perforated Grid from the EGG.
- Rinse the white beans in a colander and drain well. Peel the garlic and mince it and the parsley. Remove the lemons from the artichokes, spoon out the ‘choke’ (the hairy fibers) and stick every artichoke on a Grill Ring. Remove the broad beans from their pods and mix them with the white beans, the garlic, the parsley and a dash of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, and fill the artichokes with the bean mixture.
- Sprinkle the crispy bread pieces and the lavender flowers on top of the stuffed artichokes and put the rings on the grid. Close the EGG’s lid and heat through for 10 minutes.
If you would like to receive your dose of inspiration by e-mail, then register for our monthly newsletter Inspiration Today and add some more flavour to your inbox. That’s all you have to do to receive the most delicious recipes, inspiring seasonal menus, practical tips and much, much more!