Salmon and cod fish fingers with edible confetti
In this recipe, we prepare fish fingers of salmon and cod fillet on the Big Green Egg. We will coat the fish fingers with pan-fried breadcrumbs. To accompany the fish fingers, we will prepare edible confetti of carrot, courgette, and yellow and red peppers. Apart from looking very cheerful, it also looks quite festive!
The salmon and cod fish fingers
- 4 slices of white bread
- sunflower oil
- 1 dl white wine vinegar
- 100 g granulated sugar
- 4 carrots (from a bunch)
- ½ cucumber
- 300 g fillet of salmon, without skin
- 300 g fillet of cod, without skin
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
For the confetti
- 1 carrot
- 1 courgette
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- Saw both Wooden Grilling Planks into four equally sized pieces and soak them for at least an hour in water. Heat the Big Green Egg with the convEGGtor and Stainless Steel Grid to a temperature of 180°C.
- In the meantime, cut the crusts off the slices of bread and roll the bread flat with a rolling pin. Cut it into very small blocks and fry them in a saucepan with a splash of sunflower oil until golden brown. Let them drain on a piece of kitchen paper and add salt to taste.
- For the sweet-and-sour sauce, slowly bring the vinegar and sugar to the boil in a saucepan with one decilitre of water. Then use a peeler to peel the carrots lengthwise into thin slices and a radish curler to cut the cucumber into thin curls. Take the saucepan with the sweet-and-sour sauce off the stove, add the carrots and cucumber and set aside to cool.
- Cut the salmon and cod fillets into eight evenly sized pieces and lay one piece of salmon and one piece of cod on each Grilling Plank. Baste the fish with the beaten egg yolk, sprinkle with fried bread blocks and decorate with a tuft of tarragon. Place the planks on the grid and cook for around 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, cut the carrot and courgette into thin slices, halve the peppers and remove the stem and seeds. Lay the slices of carrot, courgette and pepper down flat on a cutting board and using a round form (with a diameter of 10 to 12 mm) cut out small circles. Allow the carrot and cucumber streamers to drain.
- Take the planks with fish out of the EGG and garnish them with the confetti.
If you would like to receive your dose of inspiration by e-mail, then register for our monthly newsletter Inspiration Today and add some more flavour to your inbox. That’s all you have to do to receive the most delicious recipes, inspiring seasonal menus, practical tips and much, much more!