Beef roll stuffed with marinated spring onion
Do you also enjoy a delicious entrecote with grilled vegetables from the Big Green Egg on a regular basis? Then you will undoubtedly love these beef rolls. You can serve them as a party snack, a starter, or as a part of a shared dining menu, where all diners share little dishes. One thing is for certain though; these stuffed beef rolls from the Big Green Egg are to be enjoyed by all. You can prepare them in advance, and then cover and store them in the refrigerator. Once your guests have arrived, all you have to do is quickly grill them, allowing you to spend a lot of time with your guests.
For the beef rolls
- 500 g entrecote
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 4 tbsp sweet chilli sauce + extra to serve
- 4 tbsp ketjap asin
- 4 tbsp mirin
- 4 tbsp sesame oil
- 8 spring onions
- Ignite the charcoal in the Big Green Egg and heat, with the Cast Iron Grid, to a temperature of 220°C.
- Cut the entrecote into 8 slices of approx. 3 mm each. Peel and finely chop the garlic and mix it in a bowl with the chilli sauce, the ketjap, mirin and sesame oil to make a marinade. Cut the spring onions into long oval rings. Add these to the garlic marinade.
- Place an entrecote slice lengthwise on the work surface. Spread a generous tablespoon of marinated spring onion at the base of the slice, then roll the slice. Stick a cocktail stick through the roll to keep it together. Do the same with the other entrecote slices and marinated spring onion.
- Place the rolls on the grid of the Big Green Egg. Close the lid and grill for about 3 minutes. Turn the rolls over and grill for a further 3 minutes to cook the meat rare to medium rare.
- Remove the rolls from the EGG and serve immediately.
If you would like to receive your dose of inspiration by e-mail, then register for our monthly newsletter Inspiration Today and add some more flavour to your inbox. That’s all you have to do to receive the most delicious recipes, inspiring seasonal menus, practical tips and much, much more!