Rack of lamb with herb crust
A rack of lamb is delicious, ideal for special occasions and super easy to prepare on the Big Green Egg. The rack of lamb in this recipe has a delicious herb crust made with mustard and fresh herbs. This doesn’t make it harder to prepare, but it does make the result all the more spectacular. So when are you going to surprise your guests with this delicious Big Green Egg recipe?
- 2 racks of lamb
- 3 sprigs of rosemary
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 1 sprig of parsley
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp coarse mild mustard
- 1 tbsp fine mild mustard
- 2 tbsp Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 bay leaves
- Ignite the charcoal in the Big Green Egg and heat, with the convEGGtor and the Stainless Steel Grid, to a temperature of 180°C.
- Remove the membrane from the racks of lamb and scrape the ribs clean. Remove the needles from 1 sprig of rosemary and pull off the leaves from the sprigs of thyme and sprig of parsley. Chop the herbs finely. Place the flat side of a knife on the garlic clove and push down firmly. Then finely chop the garlic.
- Add both types of mustard to the herbs and the garlic, and stir in the Panko bread crumbs and olive oil to create a wonderful herb mixture.
- Lay the racks of lamb, rounded side up, side by side on the Perforated Half Grid and season with salt and pepper to taste. Spread the herb mixture evenly over the rounded side of the racks and insert the remaining sprigs of rosemary and the bay leaves between them.
- Place the Perforated Grid on the grill and push the Dual Probe Remote Thermometer into the core of one of the racks. Close the lid of the EGG and set the core temperature to 55°C. Leave the racks of lamb to cook for 15-20 minutes until the set core temperature has been reached.
- Remove the racks of lamb from the EGG and let them rest for around 5 minutes before cutting into them.
If you’d like to receive the most delicious recipes by email, register for our newsletter ‘Inspiration Today’ and add more flavour to your inbox. That’s all you have to do to receive the latest news about events, recipes especially for your EGG, practical tips and much, much more!
THE BIG GREEN EGG COMMUNITY
Let yourself be inspired and learn to do more with your Big Green Egg! Submerge yourself in a world full of culinary possibilities. Ask your questions and share your experiences via Facebook (biggreeneggeu) and Instagram (biggreeneggeu). Tag @biggreeneggeu, use the hashtags #TheEvergreen and #forevergreen and get featured! We create beautiful memories. Are you in?