Potato tortilla with peppers
Are you planning on preparing tapas on the Big Green Egg? Then you should definitely include this potato tortilla with peppers. The nice thing about this tortilla is that you can prepare it in advance and serve it either cold or after heating it for a few minutes.
For the tortilla
- 250 g waxy potatoes
- ½ pointed pepper
- 5 sprigs of thyme
- 1 small shallot
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper
PREPARATION IN ADVANCE
- Wash the potatoes (do not peel them) and bring to the boil in a pan with lightly-salted water. Boil the potatoes for approximately 10 minutes until nearly done. Drain and leave to cool.
- Ignite the charcoal in the Big Green Egg, place the Stainless Steel Grid and heat to a temperature of 170 °C. Line the Round Drip Pan with parchment paper. Remove the stem and the seeds from the pepper and cut the flesh into small cubes. Pull off the thyme leaves and chop finely.
- Remove the peel from the potatoes, cut them in ½ cm thick slices and place them in a bowl with the pepper cubes and thyme. Peel the shallot, cut very finely and beat the eggs in a mixing bowl. Pour over the potato mixture, add salt and pepper to taste and carefully mix. Evenly distribute the mixture over the lined Drip Pan.
- Place the Drip Pan on the grid of the EGG, close the lid and bake the tortilla for about 15 minutes until golden brown and done.
- Remove the Drip Pan from the EGG and allow the tortilla to cool for a little while. Lift it from the Drip Pan using the parchment paper. Serve the tortilla warm or leave it to cool and serve cold, as a cold tortilla tastes great as well!
If you would like to receive your dose of inspiration by e-mail, then register for our monthly newsletter Inspiration Today and add some more flavour to your inbox. That’s all you have to do to receive the most delicious recipes, inspiring seasonal menus, practical tips and much, much more!