Pappardelle with legumes and grilled lemon
Pappardelle is a type of Italian pasta that resembles long, wide ribbons. It forms the basis of this easy-to-prepare Big Green Egg recipe for pappardelle with grilled legumes and lemon. This healthy pasta is an ideal meal for the entire family on a busy weekday or under more relaxed conditions during the weekend.
For the pappardelle
- 1 large red onion
- 1 lemon
- 150 g garden peas in their pods
- 300 g broad beans in their pods
- 150 g crème fraîche
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 300 g pappardelle
- ½ tbsp. lemon zest
- olive oil
- Heat the Big Green Egg with the Stainless Steel Grid to 200°C. Peel and halve the onion and the lemon.
- Grill the onion, lemon, garden peas and broad beans on the EGG’s grid turning them regularly. Use the Grill Tong to remove the garden peas after approximately 8 minutes and the broad beans after 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool in their pods, then pop the pod after which you can take the skins off the broad beans so you are left with the bright green beans.
- Mix the crème fraîche and the lemon juice and season with pepper and salt. Then remove the onion from the Big Green Egg, allow to cool slightly and finely chop. Check whether the lemon halves have caramelised nicely and, if so, remove from the EGG and cut into segments. Put the segments back on the grid and grill for an additional minute. In the meantime, cook the pappardelle in plenty of salted water until al dente, then drain.
- Carefully stir the legumes and onion through the pasta and sprinkle with olive oil. Share between the plates, then squeeze a lemon segment over every plate and garnish with the remaining segments. Put a nice quenelle of the crème fraîche mix on every plate then sprinkle with lemon zest and freshly ground pepper and sea salt to taste.
If you would like to receive your dose of inspiration by e-mail, then register for our monthly newsletter Inspiration Today and add some more flavour to your inbox. That’s all you have to do to receive the most delicious recipes, inspiring seasonal menus, practical tips and much, much more!