Oysters with pancetta
Do you have a reason to celebrate? Oysters from the Big Green Egg will make your party pop! To turn this into a regular taste sensation, we wrap each oyster in two slices of pancetta. It’s a snap to prepare the oysters earlier in the day, so all you have to do is cook them before you serve them.
For the oysters
- 1/3 celery stalk (of the outer part of the stalk)
- 1 large mushroom
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 8 large oysters (creuses)
- 16 thin slices pancetta
- Light the Big Green Egg and heat, with the convEGGtor and the Stainless Steel Grid, to 150°C. Cut the celery and the mushroom into small cubes. Remove and finely chop the thyme leaves.
- Open the oyster shells and remove the oysters. Keep the shells. Wrap each oyster in two slices of pancetta and return them to their shells. Distribute the celery and mushroom cubes over the shells together with the finely chopped thyme. Close the oyster shells and tie each shell with a piece of iron wire (e.g. binding wire for flower arrangements). If necessary, store in the fridge until preparation.
- Place the oysters on the grid, close the lid of the EGG and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the oysters from the grid. Carefully remove the binding wire and the top half of the shell, and place the oysters on a dish.
If you would like to receive your dose of inspiration by e-mail, then register for our monthly newsletter Inspiration Today and add some more flavour to your inbox. That’s all you have to do to receive the most delicious recipes, inspiring seasonal menus, practical tips and much, much more!