Grilled sausage with roast potato
Want to EGG with the kids? Most of them like grilled sausage. If you roast a potato to go with the sausage skewers, you can make a full meal together on the Big Green Egg. The exact roasting time for the potato depends on its size. It could be half an hour shorter or longer than the time indicated.
- 1 very large or 2 large floury potato(es)
- ½ tbsp coarse sea salt
- 3 large frankfurters or smoked sausages for one
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 3 tbsp crispy fried onions
- 6 tbsp cream cheese with herbs
- 6 sprigs of chives
- 6 tips of chervil
- Place the potato(es) on the grid and close the lid of the EGG. Let roast for about 1.5 hours, depending on the size. You can check whether the potato is done by sticking a cocktail stick into it. It should slide in effortlessly.
- Remove the ends of the sausages just before the potato is ready. Cut every sausage in half and put each half on a skewer. Place them on the grid and grill the sausage skewers for 5 minutes on each side. You don’t have to remove the ConvEGGtor, the heat of the EGG and the grid is sufficient to grill the sausage. The skewers are done when the sausages are warm and have nice grill stripes.
- Remove the skewers and the potato package from the EGG. Fold the aluminium foil away and halve the potato. Brush the top of the sausages with the ketchup, dip them into the crispy fried onions and stick the skewers into the potato(es). Spoon the cream cheese with herbs on top and garnish with the chives and the chervil. Place a sausage skewer on every plate and spoon some of the roast potato with cream cheese and herbs beside it to share.
If you’d like to receive the most delicious recipes by email, register for our newsletter ‘Inspiration Today’ and add more flavour to your inbox. That’s all you have to do to receive the latest news about events, recipes especially for your EGG, practical tips and much, much more!
THE BIG GREEN EGG COMMUNITY
Let yourself be inspired and learn to do more with your Big Green Egg! Submerge yourself in a world full of culinary possibilities. Ask your questions and share your experiences via Facebook (biggreeneggeu) and Instagram (biggreeneggeu). Tag @biggreeneggeu, use the hashtags #TheEvergreen and #forevergreen and get featured! We create beautiful memories. Are you in?