Tuna and Seaweed Pizza
If you like to experiment and want to try baking a tasty modern pizza instead of using a traditional recipe, this Pizza Tonno is definitely worth the effort. This recipe uses seaweed as well as the more conventional tuna. You do not need to make a pizza sauce. You spread crème fraîche over the base instead.
- 250 g flour (preferably type ‘00’) + extra for sprinkling
- 25 g fresh yeast, or 8 g dry yeast
- 150 ml lukewarm water
- 1 tbsp olive oil + extra for greasing
- 1 tsp sugar
- 300 g crème fraîche
- 2 tsp ground white pepper
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 250 g fresh tuna fillet
- 1 tbsp wasabi paste
- 100 g mayonnaise
- 2 nori seaweed sheets
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 40 g wakame (Japanese seaweed salad)
PREPARATION IN ADVANCE
- For the bases, mix the flour with a pinch of salt in a bowl. Dissolve the yeast in one third of the lukewarm water and add this to the flour. Add the rest of the water and mix in the olive oil and the sugar. Knead the dough thoroughly for at least 5 minutes. This is easier with a mixer or in a food processor.
- Tip the dough onto your worktop and knead it by hand for another minute. Grease a bowl, shape the dough into a nice ball and put it in the bowl. Cover the bowl with a clean damp kitchen towel and let the dough rise for 2 hours.
- In the meantime, season the crème fraîche to taste with white pepper and salt for the topping. Halve the cherry tomatoes and cut the tuna fillet into thin slices. Mix the wasabi paste with the mayonnaise. Cover and refrigerate these ingredients until needed.
- Ignite the charcoal in the Big Green Egg and heat with the convEGGtor, the grid and the Baking Stone to 275-300°C. In the meantime, divide the dough into 2 equal portions and roll them into 2 balls. Dust the Pizza Dough Rolling Mat with flour and thinly roll out the first ball of dough on the mat with a rolling pin.
- Dust the Aluminium Pizza Peel with flour and place the pizza base on it. Spread out half of the crème fraîche over the base. Leave a small gap between the sauce and the outer edge. Soak one of the nori sheets in a bowl of water for 10 seconds. Remove the sheet, tear it into pieces and divide it over the crème fraîche, along with half of the halved cherry tomatoes.
- Dust the Baking Stone with flour. Use the Pizza Peel to slide the pizza onto the Baking Stone, close the lid of the EGG and bake the pizza for about 5 minutes until done. In the meantime, roll out the second ball of dough and add the ingredients in the same manner.
- Add half of the tuna to the pizza and close the lid of the EGG for 10 more seconds. Remove the pizza from the EGG and sprinkle the tuna with half of the soy sauce. Sprinkle the rest with half of the olive oil and add half of the wakame. Garnish with the wasabi mayonnaise and cut the pizza into slices using the Compact Pizza Cutter. Bake the second pizza in the same way.
If you would like to receive your dose of inspiration by e-mail, then register for our monthly newsletter Inspiration Today and add some more flavour to your inbox. That’s all you have to do to receive the most delicious recipes, inspiring seasonal menus, practical tips and much, much more!